Interrogations

Jackson POV

"So, what's up between you and Andy?" I asked Ethan as we made our way through the pack house and towards the basement.  

"I don't know what you mean," he answered casually. 

"I saw you flinch at the mention of his name." I pointed out. I wasn't going to let it go until he told me what was going on. Ethan got along with everyone in the pack. For him to seem wary of a pack member was extremely unusual. "C'mon man, speak up." 

Ethan pulled me to a stop and stood in front of me, his face serious, "I just worry about him. After Kendal died he was pretty bad and so was Sadie. My dad and I thought it might be beneficial to have Andy be Sadie's bodyguard so they would have each other to lean on." 

"Ok so what's the problem?"  

"I'm just worried that Andy may have some more than friendly feelings for Sadie now." 

I stared at my best friend, trying to see if he was pulling my leg. Andy couldn't have feelings for Sadie, she was my mate and he knows what that means. "I don't think so," I finally responded. I could understand where Ethan was coming from, but Andy was my friend and I didn't think he would do that to me. 

Ethan ran his hand through his hair, causing it to stick up everywhere, "I don't know man, I think we should just keep an eye on him." 

"Fine," I sighed, "but I don't think anything will come of it." 

Ethan nodded and began walking again. "Let's just go interrogate the hunter and we can talk more about Andy later." 

The fact that Ethan didn't seemed convinced made me doubt myself. I hadn't been around for over a year, maybe the Andy I knew had changed, the death of a mate has been known to drive wolves crazy. Maybe that's what Ethan was seeing and he was just misinterpreting Andy's actions.  

I shook my head clear of my thoughts, deciding that I was just being paranoid. Andy was my friend and until her proved otherwise I would treat him as such.  

I stood back and watched Ethan pull a gold key from his pocket once we reached the door to the basement. He unlocked the large door and pushed it open. Cold air blew into us as we descended the stairs. The basement was practically freezing compared to the rest of the house due to the fact that it was underground and composed of stone.  

At the bottom of the steps we came upon a short hallway; we could either go right through a wooden door into the interrogation room or left through a steel door into the area that held all the cells.  

"I say we just do it in his cell," Ethan suggested.  

"Sounds good to me," I shrugged.  

Ethan opened the wooden door that lead into the interrogation room. It was a bare room with white walls and a single chair bolted to the floor in the middle of the room. At the far corner of the room was a small closet, which held all our equipment for forceful interrogations. We went straight for the closet and opened the door up. 

I scanned the contents of the small room and then reached in and grabbed a small blue blow torch, a lighter, and a thin iron rod that went wider at the end. Ethan reached in after me and pulled out a large pair of pliers and a set of brass knuckles.  

"This is kind of twisted," I laughed as Ethan closed the door.  

"Yeah, but so are the hunters," He shrugged in response. "They've attacked us repeatedly and killed pack members, and they are after your family. I think twisted is what every single one of them deserves." 

"Well, when you put it like that," I agreed. "So should we good-cop, bad-cop this?" 

"Hell yeah, I've always wanted to do that." Ethan replied excitedly. "Dibs on the bad cop!"