Waiting Game

Jackson POV 

I sat quietly as Steve quickly cleaned all Sadie's wounds. He moved extremely fast so that he could hook me up to her. Once her cuts were all wiped clean he inserted an IV into her that was connected to a bag of clear liquid and then did the same to me. Once we were both hooked up, he set up another tube and bag that was linked between the two of us, and soon enough my blood was running into her veins.  

"Hopefully your blood will help her heal faster," Steve said as he finished situating our tubes.  

"Yeah, hopefully," I replied. I was sitting on the couch that sat right next to the one that Sadie was on. I obviously had to be close for the blood transfusion, but even if I wasn't giving her my blood, I wouldn't have been able to leave her side.  

Steve didn't say anything more, he just went back to working on Sadie. If possible, her wounds looked worse once they were all cleaned up. The cuts were deep and jagged, they were beginning to bruise around the rims and looked very swollen.  

I couldn't watch Steve as he worked, every time he stuck the needle in her skin to close the wounds it pained me. I couldn't feel her pain, hell I didn't even think she could feel her pain, but I just couldn't handle seeing her so broken.  

I looked around the room and watched as the other wolves were being tended to. Thankfully, we didn't have too many wolves injured and there was only lost one in the fake attack. I sadly didn't even know the wolf who had died, but I still felt horrible. It was always painful to lose a pack member.  

As everyone worked they repeatedly glanced over at Sadie every few moments. Ethan stayed perched against the wall once he got checked over and cleared, he kept his eyes on everything happening in the house. I could feel his wolf on edge, not truly believing that we were safe. It was to be expected; he had just seen Sadie, his friend, brutally abused and had to allow his wolf to have full control to get us out. He probably wouldn't be back to normal for a few days. It was better that way though, the hunters were sure to retaliate, but we would hopefully have them blown into a million pieces before that happened.  

My front door being forced open and slamming against the wall caught everyone's attention.  

"Where is she?" Andy growled out, surveying the room.  

No one moved or spoke, we could all feel his wolf, which was totally on edge. Andy looked like he had been living under a bridge for months. His hair was messy and looked dirty, his cheeks were sunken in and his clothes were dirty. All in all he looked completely insane. "What are you doing?" I asked between clenched teeth. 

"I'm here because Sadie was taken and my pack wouldn't allow me to help. She is my friend and you bastards left me out!" He yelled.  

I took a few deep breaths, attempting to control myself. I couldn't get mad, I couldn't get into it with him, because I was hooked up to Sadie. All I needed to do was sit still.  

"You need to calm down," Ethan said, stepping over to him. "Now is not the time to act like this." 

"I'll act however I please," Andy growled out. "He shouldn't be allowed to have her!" he pointed his finger at me. "He can't even protect her." 

"Are you suggesting that I take away Jackson's mate?" The Alpha asked. I had no clue where he came from, he hadn't been in the room previously. I couldn't even see him from where I was sitting, but I could hear him and the authority and anger in his voice, even if he asked the question calmly, the man was pissed.  

"Yes," Andy replied calmly. 

"And then what? Give her to you, like she is nothing? Like she has no choice?" I growled.