Chapter 8

-Casey's POV-

When Cameron pulled me into the hallway I got nervous. I mean, he said he likes me, but what if he really doesn't? What if he actually hates me and wants me to leave?

"I don't hate you, and I really hope you're not leaving." Cameron chuckled. What? How did he know what I was thinking?

"You say your thoughts out loud sometimes, babe." He chuckled again. Oh. I blushed bright red.

"So, if you don't want me to leave, then why'd you pull me out here?" I'm pretty confused. What is so important we need to be in the hallway?

"I was wondering if you would maybe like to be my girlfriend?" It was a statement, but he said it like a question. He also scratched his neck, which is when I realized he was nervous.

"Yes, Cameron, I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled and hugged him. He seemed really surprised, which was weird. Why wouldn't I say yes?

We walked back in the main room, hand in hand, and everyone turned to look. Peyton, Skai, and Beck "awed". Karan just smiled, and snuck a glance at Beck. He so likes her and he needs to man up and ask her out. Karly looked pissed. She covered it up with a smile, though, and it was pretty convincing.

"FINALLY!" Beck screamed, which caused me and Cameron to blush. Everyone got up to either congratulate us, or fangirl over us (Beck and Peyton).

"Hey, Casey, can I talk to you in private for a second?" These words came from none other than Karly, which slightly worried me. Nothing too bad could happen, she doesn't look that strong. Cameron went to answer for me, but I stopped him. I can fight my own battles.

"Sure, Karly" I said, and followed her out into the hallway I was in moments ago. We went farther out, and stopped when we were a good ten feet away from the main room. She turned around and faced me.

"Okay, Casey, here's the deal. Either you back off Cameron and no one gets hurt, or you don't and, well, you can guess." She smirked. Wow, she couldn't have been more cliche. Seriously, every jealous person is rumored to say this, I just didn't think it actually happened.

"I'm not backing off, Karly. You never had a chance with him, and even if you did, he likes me now. So get over it. I'm not letting go of him. You're the one who needs to back off." I don't know where the sudden courage came from, but I was happy with it.

"You shouldn't have said that." She muttered, and then I was on the ground with a pain on my face. I heard her exit the studio, and I slowly stood up. I think she punched me. Wow, crazy girl is actually crazy.

As I walked back to the main room I thought about if I really wanted all of them to know. I know Karly is a really good friend to Peyton, and to Pey I'm probably just another fan. Would she believe me? I don't want to get on anyone's bad side, but I think they need to know how Karly really is.

When I got back in the main room everyone was waiting. It looked as though no one had moved a muscle while I was gone. Well, except for the fact that Karan had scooted closer to Beck, which was cute. When I shut the door, everyone turned my way. I could feel their stares burning holes in me.

"What happened to your eye? Did she punch you?! I'll kill her!" Beck had started off at normal volume, but as she realized what had happened she was full on yelling. She had also stood up, just like everyone else in the room. Karan walked over to her, and tried to calm her down. I mentally "awed" at the sight.

"Casey, please tell me she didn't punch you! Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Peyton looked really guilty, and I honestly felt really bad.

"Guys, it's okay, really. It's not that bad." I tried to reassure them with my words, but I was lying. It hurt like hell. Cameron finally spoke up.

"No, Casey, she gave you a black eye! That's not okay!" Cameron looked even more pissed off than Beck, which was a lot. I went and looked in the mirror. My eye was, in fact, black. Oh that's just great.

Peyton was almost crying. She felt super guilty for inviting Karly. She knew Karly had a small crush on Cameron, but she didn't know any of this would happen. Skai looked angry, but it was nothing on Beck or Cameron.

Beck was seething, actually, she was practically breathing fire. Karan kept trying to calm her down, but once she's like this it's hard to get her to cool it.

Cameron was by far the worst. He just stood there, right in front of me, shaking. His body language said ANGRY, and so did his facial expression, but if you looked in his eyes you could see hurt. I could tell he was really upset, and I couldn't stand seeing him that way. I walked up a few steps and wrapped my arms around his trembling body. We looked into each others eyes and he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm so sorry she did this to you. This was supposed to be your best birthday ever, and you ended up with a black eye." He sounded sad, angry, and guilty. Okay, why is everyone so guilty. They didn't do this, and they didn't know it would happen!

"Okay, that's it! Peyton, please stop crying. Cameron, stop beating yourself up. And Beck, calm down. None of you knew this would happen,and we can't change anything. This is still the best present I've ever gotten! I'm on the set of my favorite show, hanging out with the cast. I have the cutest and sweetest boyfriend in the world. Now can we all please stop being upset?" I couldn't take it anymore. I had backed out of Cameron's hug, and I was standing in front of everyone. They all looked shocked, but they stopped acting like they had committed a crime.

We all called it a night and payed down. Everyone had forgotten about games, and we all just got in the giant mess of blankets. I laid in Cameron's arms, my eyes slowly dropping shut. Today had been a really exhausting day.

The last thing I remember before the darkness hit, was a pair of soft lips touching my forehead, and hearing Cameron whisper a goodnight to me.

Sorry for the long break... But I'm typing up chapter 9 right now:)

-lexy