Chapter Sixteen

Killian's POV

Emma and I hadn't spoken in five years. I was twenty five, she would be just turning 24. A lot had happened, I realized I needed her, but was reluctant to reach out. We still followed each other on social media. She seemed busy in the five years. She went to college, got a degree along the lines of criminal justice, from what I have heard, and had quite a few boyfriends. The most recent one? Neal, from the foster home. It angered me seeing his face with her, angered me thinking that fate had brought them back together, and here I was going to bars alone every night and getting hopelessly drunk. Nevermind the relationship I had with an older woman Milah that absolutely broke me. The only real friends I had now were Dave and Robin. Dave and I went to the same college, and Robin was a bartender at the bar we attended regularly. After I met them, I found myself getting lost in drinks and women, trying to erase the memory of Milah, and even worse, Emma. I stood one night far from the bar, with Dave and Robin. Mary Margaret hung her arm around Dave's waist, protecting him from wandering eyes of women. Not that he was looking, he was helplessly in love with her and planning to propose. Finding myself empty of a drink, I looked up to the bar to see the back of a woman's head, gently tossed blonde curls trailing down her back cutting off right before her curves, which were nicely shown in the deep purple dress hugging them. I sauntered my way over, leaning behind her and whispering deeply in her ear, "I do hope you are here alone because love it'd be a pleasure to get to know you." She seemed to stiffen, and I stepped back to give her space to turn around only to be met with her fist hitting below my eye. "Who the hell do you think you are?" the angry voice said. I held a hand covering my face, dropping it once my vision adjusted to it's normal view, seeing her face drop. "Killian?" a small voice said. I had to blink a few times in order to see clearly, but the voice made it clear of who it was. Emma. "Swan?" I asked in utter disbelief. My eyes swept over her figure, hoping my eyes weren't sticking out of my head. Bloody hell she looked good. I looked back up into her eyes only to see an angry look on her face. "Miss me?" I asked coyly, a smirk coming onto my lips. "We need to talk," she said, crossing her arms across her chest.