Prologue

Emma's POV

I stood on the porch of a large blue house, leaning against the old wood of it sipping my hot coco, of course with cinnamon. I watched for hours as cars passed by, waving to neighbors as they came and went from their houses. Finding that my legs were growing tired, I took a few steps back and fell back into a small couch for two, hanging from the ceiling by two chains. I rocked back and forth slowly, smiling to myself at this life before me. "I'm surprised to see you're still out here," Killian said as he stepped onto the porch sitting in the spot next to me. "How long have I been here?" I ask unaware of the time passing. "I lost count of that time after 30 minutes of you standing here," he replied with a low chuckle. I laugh quietly as I rest my head comfortably in the crook in his neck, looking up at him and smiling. "How did we get here?" I ask in a quiet voice. "Well we took your car and when I proposed we bought this house," he started. "No no no I mean before that. From the beginning. How did I end up marrying my best friend?" I ask interrupting him. "So how did we end up here?" He asked, putting emphasis on "here" as he played with my wedding band he gave me almost 3 years ago. "It wasn't easy."

A/N: Just a heads up the chapters won't be the longest but hopefully they'll be enough to keep any readers, enjoy :)