Corruption

The pair stood only feet away from each other. The murderous soul of a boy who died long ago and the soul of a boy who lost his purity. There was only silence as their gazes locked. Frisk sported the magical eyes of W.D. Gaster, Sans, and Papyrus. Chara sported the power of his hatred towards humanity and the world itself. The power of vengeance versus the power of hatred. Their entire beings could be described with those two words, vengeance and hatred. Frisk, when he first ran through the Underground, was a caring soul who spared every monster he encountered. His actions ultimately brought the freedom of the monsters. Chara, on the other hand, was a dynamic soul. At first, he aided Frisk through the Underground, letting the child do whatever he pleased. After repeated non-aggressive runs, Chara grew bored of seeing the same smiles and hearing the same dialogue. So, with a little push here and a whisper there, Frisk killed the first monster he met. At first, he hesitated. The way Frisk held the knife was a bit awkward, but he eventually learned how to grasp it properly. Frisk killed and killed and killed again.

Then it came down to the first boss, "Mom" Toriel. Frisk tried to put the knife down, but Chara stood behind him and held up the blade. With a few coaxing words and a shove in the right direction, the knife slashed Toriel. Needless to say, Frisk wailed like a baby. He hugged the robe she wore and didn't mind that the dust was covering his body. Chara only smiled as he listened to the sweet joys of Frisk slowly breaking down.

"So, partner... You here to stop me or what? Are you gonna keep standing there and staring at me?"

"Chara..." Frisk muttered under his breath and raised his left arm, pointing it at Chara. Almost instantly, a dragon skull appeared behind Frisk. This skull didn't have any cracks like Gasters and didn't have as many pointed ends as Sans. The skull was the same general shape, but was perfectly smooth and sported two curved horns. Frisk snapped his fingers and the skull behind him shot out a laser without hesitation. Chara kicked his left foot on the ground and dodged the blast with ease.

"Really Frisk? You think that'll st--" Frisk snapped his fingers again and the beam of pure energy took a sharp turn as though it had just collided with a flat surface. Chara's eyes widened as he tried to dodge the blast while still in mid jump. By using the shadow arms, he managed to dodge the blast, but at the cost of his right leg. Chara scream out in pain. He grabbed his thigh and squeezed tightly, trying to stop the bleeding.

"The one bad thing about having a body is being able to feel pain.. Don't you agree?" Frisk said while raising his left arm and swinging it downwards. Chara heard a quiet whirring sound above him and quickly rolled off to the side. Several bones had made impact with the ground, half their length impaling the ground without making any actual cracks, just small holes where the bones were. The remaining halves that stuck out of the ground, broke off, and flew towards Chara. Still trying to recover from his lost leg, Chara took the broken end of the bones at his back. The bones only sunk an inch deep into his back, but the impact itself was enough to force Chara on the ground. He laid on his stomach while the shadow-like arms pulled out the objects sticking out of Chara's back. He pushed himself off the ground and stood on his one leg. Chara took a step forward with his cut off leg. When it seemed like he was going to fall, the severed limb snapped back to his thigh and the two melded together by a strange black liquid that dripped from the wound.

"You jackass.. I bet you didn't know that I could heal myself, huh? Just another part of your Determination that you didn't take advantage of. Instead of leaving it alone, I ripped apart the secrets of this power. I'm much stronger than you are Frisk. Give up and just die."

"Regeneration?" Frisk mumbled and hid a grin behind Papyrus's scarf before saying, "Good.. This'll be a lot more fun the longer it lasts." Frisk slid his hands into the pockets of Sans's jacket. His right hand made contact with something inside the pocket. Without knowing what it was, Frisk pulled out the object. It was a piece of paper folded into 4 squares. The paper looked old and had a red stain on one corner. With trembling hands, Frisk unfolded the paper and looked down at what was drawn on it. His grip tightened as he bit his bottom lip, his tears dropping down the paper. This was the drawing he gave to Sans on his first run. It showed Papyrus giving Frisk a piggy-back ride while Sans was nonchalantly following behind. Without saying a word, Frisk folded the paper and put it back into the pocket he found it in. There was a massive gust of wind that flew into the hallway. The winds were so intense that Chara had to put a shield up around his eyes to see.