The Fallen Angel

"No matter how much EXP I'm worth, it wouldn't be enough to satisfy your thirst for power." Gaster said mixed with a groan. The effects of not having a soul is already taking effect. He just hoped he could hold Chara off long enough for Frisk to do something, anything. Gaster fell onto what could have been assumed his knee. Who really knew what was under that cloak of darkness that engulfed every inch of his body except his head and hands. The cracks on his skull started to slowly grow bigger and farther apart. "

"Geez, look like this won't even be a fight.." Chara grinned menacingly at Gaster and said, "It'll be a massacre." Instead of rushing in at his usual speed, he simply started walking towards Gaster. In an attempt to fend Chara off, Gaster summoned two dragon skulls at both sides. Their eyes had a deep purple glow and mist and they bore the same cracks on their skull as Gaster. There was a sound of something whirring up and when the noise reached its peak in frequency, the two skulls produced a blast from their open gapes that were pure black. Chara stepped to the side and easily avoided the two shots. His grin only widened.

Gaster's dragon skulls continued to blast away at Chara while Chara was just moving out of the way. Nothing hit him, nothing scathed, nothing even came close to him. With two swipes of his knife, both dragon skulls were split in half straight down the middle. In a matter of seconds, he stood in front of the kneeling Gaster. In comparison, Chara's menacing aura towered over Gaster's aura like a giant over a mouse.

"Well, I mean, this wasn't even fair in the first place. I can see that you have no soul on you, old man. Tell me, where is it?"

"Chara, you will never obtain my soul.." Gaster wheezed and gripped his chest, "..for it is in good hands." With that said, Chara put on his "scary face" and raised his knife. Right before he descended his arm, Gaster wrapped his darkness around Chara. As soon as he was fully engulfed, Chara swung down, but hit nothing. There was nothing around him. No walls, no floor, no windows, nothing. Chara was floating in an empty void. His eyes widened as twisted his body lifted up the right half of his body. The intense heat of the blast was immense as it had barely touched his body, but eradicated the back of his sweater and burned his skin. Chara began to float around in the empty space and kicking the air to avoid getting hit by more of those lasers.

"It worked.. If only for a moment.." Gaster said as he let of Chara's head. The pair were still in the darkness of the Judgement Hall, but Chara was left with an extremely potent illusion in his mind that Gaster had set up. Gaster fell back to his knees and began to have a violent coughing fit. He coughed out a black substance which could be assumed was his blood. He released both of his hands to pick him off the ground and watched as Chara's body would twitch every-so-often. With a sigh of relief, Gaster managed to finally relax. He knew that he'd stand absolutely no chance against Chara in his current state. If he was in any optimal condition, he might had stood a chance against this demon.

Even when Gaster was still alive, he had a natural talent for magic and had an expansive knowledge base. He became Asgore's Royal Scientist at the age of twenty-three. This was when they were still on the surface of the planet. He remained in his respectful position even after falling to the Underground. However, due to his experiments of trying to play God and create new monsters as a means of revenge against the humans, he had somehow managed to tear apart his own soul in the process. With only one way out of this immense suffering, he fell into the core and fused the rest of his soul with it. Doing this ripped apart his own existence in the physical world, but at least he was still "alive". Every so often, Gaster had managed to muster up enough magic and strength to form his body in the real world, but only for a short while.

Gaster stared at Chara's idle body. There was a twitch every few seconds and his facial expression would change periodically. In Chara's mind, he should be battling against an unknown foe. There would be no way out for Chara until Gaster had fully died. He would hold the demon off as long as his body was able to. Suddenly, Chara's eyes sprung open wide. Gaster was shocked. Chara had managed to escape the illusion he put on him. Gaster was in the process of summoning two dragon skulls before his body locked and he lost all feeling.