A Hidden Demon

There was only silence. On the ground laid Papyrus's red gloves, the same gloves he's never take off since the very first run Frisk had. Chara, the demonic spirit who is currently controlling Frisk's body, stared down at the gloves, then at Papyrus's hands.

"So.. What, exactly, are you trying to say? That I should be scared of you because you killed a couple humans? Buddy, I've killed countless monsters." Chara smiled, but stared at the ground and said, "More than you can even comprehend.. More than you could even imagine.. I've probably killed more monsters than the population of the Underground." Chara was silent as he held onto the knife tightly, so tight that it was shaking.

"Human.. What you are saying doesn't quite make sense. For some time now, you look as if you've been struggling with..someone else, but we're the only ones here. That aside, do you understand what it means to kill? To take someone else's life? I thought I'd never have to go back to those days. I put on this happy-go-lucky facade and my friendly demeanor as a way to atone for my sins. It seems as though you really can't run from you past.. So come, human. I, the Great Papyrus, shall take you on with my full strength."

"Interesting.. Come then." Chara crouched slightly, but his eyes widened. He lowered his guard for only a second, not even, a split-second. He coughed out a small amount of blood and dropped his knife. Chara looked down at his chest and took a step back. Sticking out of his chest, abdomen, and sides were bones of all sizes, at least twenty. All within an instant, Papyrus had managed to impale Chara with multiple bones at an unbelievable speed.

"I can't afford not to care anymore.. Human, maybe in another life we could have been friends," he walked over to Frisk and held him in his blood-soaked hands, "and have laughs from Sans's jokes while eating my horrid spaghetti.." A small smile formed on his skeleton face. Chara had switched out with Frisk to avoid the pain all of the bones were causing. Frisk had managed to suck down the extravagant pain. He smiled up at Papyrus and held onto his left hand. Frisk's hand was so small compared to the tall skeleton's. It was like a child wrapping their fingers around their father's finger.

"Papyrus... I'm sorry..." Frisk stopped to cough and hack for a few moments, each cough producing a spurt of blood. The taste in his mouth was terrible and his body ached all over. "Your spaghetti wasn't terrible either.." Frisk said before his body went limp and there only remained silence. Papyrus sat in shock. His arms trembled as he held onto the small child. An orange liquid slid down the cheek that had his orange eye and a blue liquid down the other. It was at this moment he realized that this Frisk wasn't the one he was just fighting to the death with. It were as if this child had two personalities, no, two people inside of them. He realized that someone as kind as this small child wouldn't hurt anyone. Not a single monster or person.

"Human... I know you're in much greater pain than I am in.." Then everything reset. Chara-possessed-Frisk stood at the entrance of the Judgement Hall. Chara didn't walk forward. Instead, he simply stood at the doorway, thinking.

"So, Papyrus has a dark side to him, huh? I never expected him to be this strong though. It's as if he has a human soul or two on him. Ugh, he's way harder than Sans," Chara sat down near the doorway, still not entering the Judgement hall, "and not to mention all of these suddenly developments. I mean, first he has Sans's eye, then he has this god-like power. It's bullshit! What do you think, Frisk? And you better not say you want to reset."

"..."

"Then it's decided. Give me full control of your soul."

"...no..."

"Did you just say no to me? Earth to Frisk, you have no say in this. Wait, why did I even ask?" Chara walked over to Frisk in the abyss his consciousness rested in. He swiped his hand over Frisk's head once. The dull, red outline where Frisk's heart was suddenly disappeared. Chara's red heart obtained the last piece it needed to have a full soul. Chara could now be unleashed. "See how simple that was, partner?" Frisk didn't respond. To be exact, he couldn't respond. The lose of his soul created such immense pressure and shock that Frisk was left speechless, motionless, and thoughtless. Instead of being called a human, the term "empty" was more appropriate. The blue-sweatered child's knees wobbled, then collapse. His body hit the floor with a loud thud and went completely limp. Frisk couldn't feel anything from how numb he had become. Even though Frisk had no control over his own movement or physical feeling, he could still see everything that unfolded in front of him. Though what he could see and hear was rather hard to process from the lack of being able to think properly. Chara walked away from the seemingly lifeless corpse. It was true, Frisk did look lifeless as he laid on the ground with no movement and barely any breathing. Everything was numb. He felt much too weak to even move.

"Now that I have a soul, I actually stand a chance against that monster." Chara said as he finally began to walk down the hallway. In the same spot stood the same Papyrus they fought against earlier. The things he said were the same. The fight was the same. Chara dodged and parried while Papyrus swung, thrust, and dodged. Chara threw Sans's dust at Papyrus, the only current enjoyment he found out of the repetitive fighting, and watched as Papyrus later removed his gloves. Papyrus was talking again, the same talk before Chara was killed.

There was only silence. Then the sound of dripping. Chara began laughing his distorted, maniac-like laughter. It echoed throughout the hallway. He crouched forward and exhaled slowly. It felt as though the already pitch-black hallway had turned even darker. Papyrus sprinted forward just like he did previously. He moved with such immense speed that it was nearly unreadable. However, Chara saw right through it. With a single swing of his knife, he completely shattered all twenty of the bones just before they made contact with his body.

Without looking back, Papyrus said, "I can't afford not to care anymore.. Hu--"

"Pathetic!" Chara yelled out victoriously. Stunned, Papyrus turned his entire body around and saw Chara standing laughing, completely unharmed.

"Human, how did you--" he tried to say, but was cut off again. This time, it was from Chara blitzing towards Papyrus with his knife in hand, his grip on it so tight that the handle itself was being crushed. The simple kitchen utensil was coated in a clear, black-tinted ooze that dripped on the ground every-so-often. Chara thrusted forward, but the skeleton managed to twist his body enough to just barely evade the strike. Papyrus grabbed hold of Chara's heart with Sans's magic and lifted up the child high into the air. Chara began to laugh as the blue aura around him was slowly taken over by a more menacing, more dangerous black aura. After completely being taken over, he fell back onto the ground and looked up at Papyrus.

"What're you gonna do now with that useless blue eye of yours? It kind of reminds me of your brother, useless." Chara taunted. The ground shook and Papyrus stared down at his feet. His vision was slowly fading in and out. He was seeing two things, the floor of the hallway and the snow-covered ground with Sans's blue jacket on the ground over a pile of dust. Papyrus was silent and motionless. Chara wasn't about to waste this moment, so he took his move first. The demon child made a mad sprint towards the idle skeleton. When he was within striking range, he swung the kitchen knife at Papyrus's exposed spine. There was a thunderous sound of impact. The sheer force was so strong that it created a dust cloud around the pair. The hallway walls and floor cracked while the windows shattered.

"Finally, I killed the fu--" Chara's eyes widened in horror. As the dust cloud began to die down, his vision became more clear. What he saw was his knife and the skeleton, completely unharmed. The blade was being held by two fingers, the thumb and index finger to be more precise, both covered in a red aura. With a single motion, the blade was snapped.

"My brother was lazy, but not once was he useless." Papyrus's voice seemed to echo multiple times when he spoke. It were as if someone else were speaking the same words as him with a slight delay. Chara looked up at the tall skeleton. The naked skull leaned down just slightly so his eyes met Chara's red pupils. His orange eye had turned into a blood-red color while his blue eye turned into such a deep color that it might as well have been black. Chara took a few steps back and looked down at the broken knife. In almost an instant, a black substance extended out from one broken side and connected to the other. The blade ends met and reconnected good as new.

"Human.. I feel so strange. Is this the essence of pure hatred?" Papyrus looked down at his boney hands. They quietly creaked and groaned with each movement. "Human.. In your world, I can only be describe as one thing.. The Grim Reaper."