The Final Obstacle

"Hahahaha! This is too good, Frisk!" the little spirit yelled as he floated around Frisk. "Now we won't have to struggle so much in the Judgement Hall. Sans was stupid to try and protect his brother. Doesn't he know that he's the strongest monster down here?" the child laughed hysterically.

"Sans..." Frisk quietly muttered. He couldn't get the image out of his head. Ever since Chara took over Frisk's body about two or three resets ago, he's been forced to watch all of these evil deeds and feel the dust blow against his body as he murdered and murdered. Still, out of all the resets and loads they've gone through, this was the first unique one. Sans sacrificed his own life to protect Papyrus. They didn't have much of a chance to kill Papyrus because when Sans turned to dust, there was a sudden gust of wind and the dust assaulted Frisk's eyes, temporarily blinding the child. Chara was angry about that, but Frisk was relieved. Now, he doesn't have to fight against Sans and feel even worse about murdering his best friend... Best friend in another timeline. Chara continued to laugh and ramble about how much he hated Sans and how he always stood in the way even after losing everything.

"--I mean, that lazy bag of bones always--Hey wait, who's that over there?" Chara suddenly stopped talking and pointed forward to a shadowed figure about half-way down the hallway. Frisk lifted his head up instantly. What he saw caused him to take a step backwards. His right hand clutched the knife tightly. He could feel a single tear roll down his cheek.

"P-papyrus.." Frisk said quietly, both happily and regrettably. He knew Chara would force him to kill Papyrus.

"Papyrus?!" Chara burst into laughter. "THIS is the savior of the Underground?! Oh boy, this is WAY too easy."

"I-I... Not.. Not Papyrus..." Frisk shook in fear of what's to come.

"Hm? Did you say something, partner." Chara has a sly smile on his face. Frisk hated being called this demons partner, but it was true. They were partners in crime. Frisk had willingly let Chara take over his body. Frisk had murdered all those poor monsters. Nevertheless, Frisk continued to walk again, but he wasn't walking. Chara decided to have a little fun, so he took over Frisk's body once more. Frisk wanted to retaliate. He wanted to have full control again, to not be a senseless murderer, but couldn't. He couldn't find the will. He couldn't find the DETERMINATION anymore.

Chara stopped exactly where they'd stop for Sans in the Judgement Hall. Coincidently, Papyrus was standing in the spot Sans would have stood in, if, you know, he was still alive. Chara and Papyrus locked eyes. There was pure silence between the two. Papyrus wasn't wearing his usual smile. Chara was simply playing around with the kitchen knife in his right hand. He spun the dust-stained blade in his hand, tossed it up in the air a few times, and even giggled to himself when he nearly cut his hand or arm.

"Human," Papyrus finally spoke, "why are you here? You couldn't possibly be targeting King Asgore, could you?"

"King Asgore? Nah, I was just walking around and-- of course I am, you thick-skulled idiot!" Chara burst into laughter at the simple pun he made. However, Papyrus didn't seem too amused when he looked up at the skeleton. Instead, Papyrus covered his left eye socket and a small orange globe of light appeared in his right.

"You know.. I'm glad Sans isn't here right now... Because.. I don't want him to see me like this." Papyrus spoke softly. Suddenly, the pillars in the hallway were engulfed by a dark orange flame. Chara twisted his head left and right at the flames and shielded his eyes from the light.

"What the hell?! Where did these flames come from?!" Chara immediately turned back to Papyrus. He held a bone that extended to his full body length. It looked only an inch thick, but was engulfed in a light orange aura.

"Frisk... I no longer believe in you." at that, Papyrus suddenly disappeared. Chara started to panic and turned around, but was abruptly stopped. The sound of tearing filled the room. Then came the drips. He looked down towards his chest and his eyes widened. The bone Papyrus was wielding had somehow appeared in his chest. His eyes followed the trail of the bone and saw Papyrus holding the weapon firmly. There was no shred of sympathy in that glowing eye of his. Papyrus was still covering his left eye. Everything started to fade to black. All Chara could see was the red scarf Papyrus wore. Then there was nothing. Frisk was sitting on the ground in the pitch-black abyss they were in. In front of the child were two buttons with white text, "Reset" and "Continue".

"That was SO bullshit!" Chara yelled and stomped over to the options. He slammed his fist down on the continue button. Color came back to the world and they stood at the entrance of the Judgement Hall. "Now I know to not take that skele-fag so nonchalantly."

"I don't... Not Papyrus.." Frisk muttered to Chara. He was simply ignored as he was forced to walked back into their impending death. Chara knew this fight was going to be much tougher than Sans's fight. Much more intense. Much more ecstatic. He wore a massive grin on Frisk's face and held onto his knife tightly.

"Oh, this is going to be SO much fun. I can just feel my blood boiling.. Well, soul, that doesn't matter! What matters is that Sans will NEVER amount to the potential of fun Papyrus will give me." The pair walked down the hallway. Papyrus spoke the same words he did before and the pillars were engulfed in flames just like before. Papyrus disappeared. Knowing what'll happen next, Chara twisted his entire body around and slammed the knife against the bone, expecting to break it in half. However, he just parried the makeshift weapon. This caused him to lose his balance and fall onto his back. He winced from the fall and swiftly rolled off to the side to avoid the bone Papyrus was thrusting to the ground. The impact was loud. Loud and strong enough to crack the floor. Papyrus stood up straight and held the weapon in front of him.

"Human... Why... Why do you have such a look on your face?" he asked. Chara was grinning like a madman.

"Why? Wanna really know why?" Chara paused for a brief moment and left his hair cover the upper half of his face so only his wicked smile showed. Frisk knew what was going to happen. He tried to stop Chara, but he wasn't strong enough. Chara slipped his left hand into his pocket and pulled something out. He held his fist out in front of him. "THIS is why I'm so happy." Chara opened his hand. Dust flew to the ground like a million feathers falling off an angel's wings.

Chara stared at Papyrus. He could see the anger on his face. A single tear fell down his cheek. The bone Papyrus was holding suddenly snapped from how hard he was gripping it. It fell to the ground in two loud clunks. He moved away his hand that was covering his other eye socket. There was a small blue orb of light glowing in that one. Orange and blue.

"Frisk.. I once thought we could have been friends. When I heard about your killings, I thought I could change you. I was mistaken. You've killed Undyne. You've killed my brother. Now you plan on killing King Asgore. I must protect him in place of the monsters I couldn't." Papyrus stared down the human with eyes filled with anger and hate. Frisk knew this wasn't the Papyrus he knew in previous runs. This was a monster hellbent on revenge. He was scared. Chara wasn't scared at all, however. In fact, he was filled with glee.

"Come on then. Show me what your brother couldn't!" Suddenly the ground shook under Chara. He looked down. Sans used the same thing. Chara jumped into the air and dodged the bones that erupted from the ground. Chara sliced at the blue-aura covered bones that flew at him. Each bone was cut perfectly in half as not a single swing was wasted. Suddenly his red heart turned blue. He felt the gravity around his body increase immensely as he was forced to the ground. He fell onto his hands and knees. Chara looked up and couldn't see Papyrus anywhere. Suddenly he heard what sounded like Sans teleporting behind him. Chara turned and parried the backstab Papyrus was trying to attempt.

"You know.. You're just like your brother. Predicta--" he felt something sharp pierce his abdomen. Chara let out a scream as Papyrus pulled away the hidden bone he used. Chara wrapped his arms around his stomach to try and lessen the pain. The light was suddenly blocked out by a massive shadow. He looked up to only see two glowing eyes staring down at him: Orange and Blue. Chara was immobilized and he knew Papyrus was going to kill him. Not wanting to take anymore pain than what was necessary, he switched back with Frisk. Frisk gasped and coughed from the sudden feeling of the condition his body was in. He saw Papyrus hold up the massive bone in the air.

"P-papyrus w-wait.." Frisk tried to mutter, but he was too quiet. Papyrus pushed his weapon down and impaled the human without a shred of remorse.