Fancy Watches That Could Kill You

Start from the beginning

The Celestial Bronze watch hid her soul-mark. It wasn't that she was ashamed, it was quite the opposite. She loved it too much. The last time it was left to easily be seen, she AND her SOULMATE were taken advantage of.

Percy didn't get too angry over being taken advantage of. She was just ashamed that she didn't catch it whenever it happened. But what the daughter of the sea god couldn't stand for was her soulmate's feelings being toyed with because of her total and utter stupidity. Self loathing washed over her.

In light of what that girl, yes girl, she was a monstrous person not a personified monster, did to her, she hid her mark. She hid her mark in order to protect what was hers because her soulmate didn't deserve going through what no doubt must have made them feel negatively.

The poisonous green of self loathing coated her nerves as she pulled adjusted the stand alone magnifying glass over her watch. Percy almost gasped as it felt like she was bodily hit by a wall of love coming from her soulmate. Smiling slightly, she let herself be wrapped in the safe blanket of her soulmates love. She sent back her own wave, the green of self loathing fading away under her soulmates love.

Percy set the instructions on what to do next to her, smiling softly as her and her soulmate basked in each other's love. Deciphering Tyson's messy handwriting was a problem in itself, but luckily she had practice reading her baby brothers handwriting.

Percy then got to work, carefully adding some Celestial Bronze plating into the leather wristband before sewing it back up. This was to protect the wrist, the plates easily curved around her wrist. Percy also added a garrote wire into it made of Olympian Silver. The final part was to add a tracker just under the watch face that would send out a distress call to SHIELD when a button was pressed. Luckily, the shield still worked, which would no doubt come in handy soon enough.

When Percy occasionally looked up from her delicate work, what she saw humored her. Bucky and Steve were slowly building a small robot, the two senior citizens fumbling a lot. Pietro and Wanda were creating something, no one knowing what it was. Percy doubted that even the twins didn't know what they were doing. Vision and Tony hovered the closest to these four to help, not wanting them to hurt themselves or anyone else.

Bruce was simply explaining Midguardian tech to Thor and how it worked. Thor somehow acquired a toaster to dismantle. Natasha and Clint were working well; if they weren't, they hid it well. Rhodey and Sam were joking around as they played around with RedWing.

When Percy looked up again about half an hour later, she saw Wanda's and Pietro's experiment about to explode. Wanda was just coming back from the bathroom and Pietro was trying to connect some wires. Sensing the oncoming heat, Percy grabbed her watch and rushed over, stool clattering to the ground. She bodily shoved Pietro away and thew the device onto the floor before activating her shield. She dropped her shield onto the machine before she curled up on top. The machine exploded, the blast easily contained within the shield due to its durability.

Tyson would have made this indestructible, knowing Percy's history with explosions and her getting attacked at every moment. So Tyson made it the best that he could possibly make it so that it would always protect his big sister where he couldn't. The shield was so well protected, that the simple leather loops that held the shield to her arm weren't even singed.

Percy got up slowly, body a bit tingly from having to bodily contain the explosion within her shield. Once on her own two feet, her eyes roamed the room. All had questioning looks, all except the Nat and Clint. The woman shrugged a bit before picking up the shield, not at all damaged of course, and collapsing it back to regular watch form, making sure not to reveal her soul mark when she put it back on.