Chapter 26- His Camelia

Start from the beginning

He frowns at the caller ID and answers.

"Who is this?" He asks harshly, unaware of his hard tone.

"Hello? Sir?" It was Scott, his chief of operations and the man who he left the responsibilities of his companies to.

"Scott..."  Stefan asked holding his phone close to his ear, pacing back and forth once he reaches his room. "How's.... everything going in my absence?

"It's all under control don't worry, Sir.  I am calling to inform you I will be emailing the usual quarterly charts and grand totals." 

Stefan stopped pacing and sat on the edge of his bed. 

"That's good to hear..."  He trailed off, raking a hand through his disheveled hair again. Stefan usually checked regularly with him but never received a phone call.

"There is one thing I must remind you of sir, we have a meeting this Friday with the chairmen committee, would you like me to keep this appointment?"

Stefan blew a frustrating breath and began pacing again. How the hell was he going to the meeting when he had Camelia to protect? Especially now that another attempt had been made to her life.

Was it time to reveal himself? How would she react? What would she say?

Stefan was sure Camelia would not react well to the lies he'd fed her. 

He's hidden his true identity, lied about being gay, lied about his feelings, pushed her away when all he wanted was stamp his claim and make her his.

"Sir?"

"Yes, yes I'm still here. I'll be at the meeting don't make any changes. Anything further comes up, just give me a call." He said ending the conversation.

He threw his phone on the bed, took his shirt off throwing that onto the bed as well and strode to the ensuite bathroom.

Stefan looked at the large mirror and leaned his hands against the vanity. His beard was irritating him and he longed to shave it off. He was sick and tired of growing it out, it only made his skin itch with it's nauseating presence. Eventually he will have to get rid of it and change back his hair color for the upcoming meeting.

Standing upright again, Stefan reached for the drawer that held his electric trimmer and shaving cream.  Finally deciding to start to reveal himself slowly until the time was right to tell her, he began reducing the amount of facial hair until it was a light scruff.

Patting his face dry, he stroked his jaw, relishing in the near-clean shave and finally started to notice his features come to life. He already felt refreshed, feeling the heavy weight on his shoulders lift slightly. Staring at his reflection in the mirror he combed a hand through his pitch black hair, he would have to call Robert and set an appointment the day before his meeting.

Turning away he started to unbuckled his jeans and started towards the ensuite bathroom for a much needed shower. Stepping onto the decorated tile, Stefan stretched his arms against the wall and closed his eyes as the steaming water beat down against him.  He twisted his neck, cracking the joints to relieve the stress.

Stefan pounded the wall with his fists and pushed himself away, slumping against the wall, head back, eyes closed.

It was so hard believe Camelia was the lady in red. The reality was hard to comprehend.