Girl Meets The New Year pt.3

"I ain't doin' it." Auggie says.

"Yeah, okay." I say back, not really listening.

"Oh, Rachel. Take a look around. These are the people of your life last year, this year, and for at least the next four years of high school. Treat them right. Here's to the right decisions for the right reasons. Happy New Year, my dear."

"Oh, I got it. I got it." Riley says as the doorbell rings.

"Hello, Riley. Happiest of New Year's." Smackle greets.

"Oh." Riley says.

"Tell me when the pressure is sufficient." Smackle says hugging her.

"All you have to do is mean it, Smackle." Farkle tells her.

"One thing at a time!" Smackle says to her.

"Tick, tick, tick." Farkle says.

"Okay! Yeah, yeah. Farkle, welcome to my party. Have a great time." Riley says annoyed.

"You know, Riley, as a spinster you may not be aware, but romance is very much in play on New Year's Eve. Isn't that right, dearest?" Smackle tells Riley.

"Yes. I'm told who you're with when the clock strikes 12:00 is how you'll spend the coming year." Farkle explains to Riley.

"I will certainly be with you. Unless my third wheel tries to intervene." Smackle says directly to Lucas as he comes through the door.

"I'm not your third wheel, Smackle. I just arrived at the same time." Lucas says indigently.

"Desperation doesn't look good on you, Lucas, even though everything else does." Smackle says sort-of dreamily.

"Smackle!" Farkle scolds.

"Which part was I not supposed to say out loud?" Smackle says guiltily.

"You can say whatever you want. She's mine." Farkle tells both Smackle and Lucas.

"Tell her that!" Lucas says, kind of laughing a little bit.

"Hi." Lucas says.

"Hi." Says Maya.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi." Riley said.

"Heard this is gonna be awkward." Charlie said, walking over to the Bay Window where all of us are.

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews."

"Charlie. Topanga, this is Charlie Gardner." Cory said to Topanga.

"Oh! Hi, Charlie." Topanga said.

"Hi. I'm a good person." Charlie says eagerly.

"Okay." Topanga says, faking a smile.

"Uh, what are these? Games? Yeah, these are games." Charlie says.

"We got The Family Game, The Friends Game, The Couples Game, and Twister. No Twister." Cory says to Charlie.

"The Couples Game, please." Charlie says.

"I wouldn't." Cory tells him.

"The Couples Game, please." Charlie repeats.

"I done what I can. Does it have to be next year already?" Cory says to Topanga.

"Actually, we've still got an hour until it's next year. Let's recap what we have thus far. You and me, Riley and Auggie, all of these friends and family, you and me, no matter what happens. Next year, bring it on." Topanga says.