《14》

"So, this is it

"So, this is it." Ashley said, looking in utter awe at the site in front of her.

Eros nodded, but she didn't catch it. He let go of her hand then, and stuffed them in his pockets, his eyes on her instead of at the pool resting in front of her. The pool stood there, as still and as un-moving as ice, and yet, as lively as a market.

The swirls of the neon coloured paint mixed together and displayed this beautiful, artistic pattern that made it almost impossible for eyes to look away. It had a soft glow to it, neither too harmful nor bright to the eyes. Ashley looked at Eros, instantly meeting his gaze. The familiar effect he had on her rose to the surface once again.

Her heart jumped to her throat and beat in her ears as loudly as ever; so loud, she could have sworn he could hear it too. He looked so out of character as he stood there, the glow from the pool shining on him; the various colours contradicting his dark clothes and his dark self, making him seem almost like a demon standing in the midst of angels.

He was like a black rose, standing in the middle of a field full of white ones. These colours and Eros should never mix, but at the same time, they should. They mixed so perfectly together, it was magical. She nibbled on her lip.

"Why here?" She asked, seriously falling for him then more than ever before. A spark glistered in her eyes as she gazed up at him.

Eros gulped and looked away first, at the pool, with a frown his face. Ashley found herself stepping closer to him, standing only a hair's breath away from his towering build. The look in his eyes intensified and he gave her an answer,

"This is—" he paused, and looked back at her, "—how I see you." He finished.

Ashley's lips parted, wanting to say something, but nothing came; her heart beat even wilder in her chest, so wildly, it almost hurt. Her knees felt like they were about to give in and they would have, if he hadn't closed up the rest of the tiny distance between them and wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her flush against him.

Suddenly, before Ashley could comprehend it, they were both falling. Before she knew it, there was a loud splash and she felt wrapped into something cold, wet and slightly sticky. She surfaced and glared at a blank faced Eros, who had streaks of purple, green, blue and red all over his hair and parts of his face.

Her glare soon faded and she laughed at how out of character he looked, the paint all over him too much to not laugh at. He swam closer towards her and Ashley backed up subconsciously, a grin on her paint covered face. Eros' lips parted.

"Come here." He ordered, looking like a predator about to pounce on its prey.

Ashley shook her head, afraid that if she said something, it would probably be contradicting what she wanted; which was to get away from him. She, out of nervous habit, licked her lips, tasting the paint and cringed. Her mind now on looking for something to wipe the paint off her tongue and lips with.