"Look, I've never met anyone whose laid eyes on him." Stefan started. "We're talking centuries of truth, mixed with fiction. I mean, we don't know what's real. For all we know he could just be some stupid bedtime story."

Rose stood from the seat she had taken. "He's real. And he doesn't give it up. If he wants something he gets it." She insisted.

"If you're not afraid of Klaus, then your an idiot."

"Alright we're shaking, you've made your point." Damon glared. Elena sighed and stood up with a tight grip on the strap of her bag, Violet following.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked. She slowly turned around to look at him. "School. We're late."

"Let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you." He suggested although he was already standing up and walking towards them.

"That's okay," Elena said, eyes flickering from him to random places in the room. "I know where it is." Elena then walked away and Violet watched for a second as Stefan nodded slightly and walked away as well.

The last thing she heard before she shut the door was Damon mumble, "She's in denial." And Stefan retaliate with. "Shut up Damon."

"Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well, and that I went home from school." Elena said, struggling to carry a brown leather bag as Violet and Caroline followed.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this." Caroline said grumpily. "I'm a terrible liar."

Violet snorted. "Yeah there's no denying that." Caroline sent her a playful glare.

"Then keep Stefan busy, I don't want him knowing what I'm up to." Elena replied.

"I'm even worse at duplicity, and you know this."

"You managed to keep Elena occupied when Katherine payed Stefan a visit." Violet said. "Yeah, cause she threatened me." Caroline defended. Violet said nothing back and just put her arms up in surrender.

"Stefan's gonna see right through me!"

"Caroline, as my friend, do you promise?" Elena asked with complete seriousness in her tone. The taller blonde sighed in defeat. "You juts had to break out the girlfriend code." Elena raised her eyebrows and Violet chuckled quietly.

"Ok, I promise."

Caroline and Violet followed Elena as she walked closer to the steps that lead down to the tomb. "Why don't you want Stefan to know?" Caroline wondered out loud.

"Because he would never be okay with her doing doing this." Violet answered for her. Elena said nothing, only confirming what the small blonde girl had said. The two glanced at each other as they followed their friend down the steps.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Violet asked, suddenly uncomfortable with the situation.

"Yes I'm sure. She's the only one who knows the truth about Klaus. The only one who can tell me how to stop him." She replied.

"But you're asking for the truth from someone whose probably never given it! Are you sure about this?" Caroline asked, the concern for her friend clear in her eyes. "Yes, I can't just sit back and wait. I have to know."