Father, Part Two

A/N~I sincerely apologize for the long wait on this second part, as I've apologized on all of him stories >_< I hope you all enjoy, however, the next part will be the last in this little three-part series!!!

Father, Part Two

I was resting against Erwin's side as we chatted about our respective days. My eyelids were growing heavy with fatigue, and I was more than prepared to submit to sleep when there was a knocking on our bedroom door, startling me out of the blonde man's arms.

Without bothering to ask for permission to enter, Armin burst inside of our darkened room, flipping the light on before either of us had a change to protest. His pale, spindly legs protruded from a pair of purple, flannel shorts, and the rest of him drowned in a baggy t-shirt that was definitely one of Erwin's. Regardless of his state of dress, Armin ran towards us, launching himself onto our bed and scrolling through his phone furiously.

"Okay, what's going on?" asked a rather disgruntled Erwin, exhausted and slightly annoyed.

"Eren's not answering any of his texts, and he hasn't been at school for three days. Can I please go see him? Just real quick?"

I checked the time, seeing as it was eleven-thirty at night, and scoffed at the blonde's request. "Armin, get your butt back into bed. You can't go out in the cold with those tiny shorts and visit Eren. We'll go over there tomorrow, since I've been meaning to get together with Carla anyway."

He groaned, but didn't object, because of my promise to go there the next day. "Fine," he huffed, sliding off of the bed and dashing out of the room. "Good night," I called after him.

The following day, as it was a Saturday, the three of us stood on the doorstep to the Jaeger's house. Armin was bouncing eagerly as we awaited who would answer the door. I placed a hand on his shoulder to stop his nervous movement.

The lock clicked, and then we were greeted by Carla, her olive skin framed by her dark hair which she had recently cut, which complimented her features.

"Hi! Nice to see you guys!" she exclaimed, and opened the door a bit wider. As she pulled Erwin into a hug, I spotted a mess of brunette hair peeking out from around the corner behind her, and so did Armin, as he screamed, "Eren!"

Carla looked around, putting her son on the spot, who tried to dart back around the corner, but Armin stopped him by rushing inside and sweeping him up into a hug. "I was so worried about you!" he exclaimed, and Carla smiled sadly upon witnessing the two.

"I think you owe Armin an explanation," she said gently when the two separated, and the brunette hung his head in shame.

The two boys headed to Eren's room to talk, and Carla led Erwin and me to the living room to talk as well.

"So...what's going on?" Erwin asked carefully, not wanting to overstep any boundaries. Despite how close we were with Carla, not everything could always be shared. Families still needed to keep things private.

"Well, Eren's been having a really hard time for a while, with school, and focus issues, and getting into fights a lot...so we got him evaluated, psychologically, I mean, because things were just really not good and I didn't know what else to do," Carla explained. "It turns out he has ADHD and they want him to take medicine in order to get him back on track in school, and manage his impulsivity, and keep a low level of stress in the home and outside...you get it. I'm not sure how I feel about him taking the meds yet. It's not a good feeling to have your child dependent on pills, you know? But at the same time...I want him to be happy, I don't want him constantly stressed because things aren't working out for him. You know?" Erwin and I nodded in response to this, having nothing else to offer.