The Prince's Guard, Part One

Eren's eyes fluttered open and were met with a pair of blue orbs. It didn't startle him, however. He just laughed softly and so did the blonde, resting his forehead on Eren's.

"Good morning," Armin whispered.

"Good morning," Eren replied. "How long have you been awake?"

Armin shrugged. His stomach growled, causing both to laugh again. "Can you bring me some food?" he asked, putting on an exaggerated pout and batting his eyelashes. Eren snorted.

"Yeah, of course, but in a minute, I just woke up." He rubbed at the skin on Armin's back, and the blonde sighed contentedly, leaning in an instigating a kiss, tangling his fingers in Eren's dark locks as it deepened. Eren's hand traveled lower from Armin's back and grabbed his backside, and the blonde tugged on Eren's hair a bit. He rolled over on top of Eren and started working on his neck, and then there was a knock on Eren's bedroom door.

Armin sat up, eyes wide and paralyzed with fear. Eren returned the fearful gaze, before realizing they may be safe after all.

Armin clambered onto the ground as quietly as possible and underneath the bed, and Eren pulled the blanket over an important area that needed to be covered. The person knocked again, this time calling, "Eren!"

"Yes, come in," the brunette answered. The door swung open, revealing his sister, already dressed for her day of princess duties, in a red dress with an intricate design on the top part.

"Eren, come, breakfast is being prepared, and you need to get ready. You are very busy today," she began, and then raised an eyebrow at his current state. "Are you wearing any clothing?"

Eren smiled sheepishly. "No...?"

Her indigo eyes widened, and then narrowed. "Eren, that is very improper of you."

The brunette scoffed at his uptight sister's words. "This is my room! I can do what I want!"

Underneath the bed, Armin held a hand to his mouth as to keep from laughing out loud at their banter.

Mikasa just rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just get ready."

The ravenette left, shutting the door behind her. Eren waited until her footsteps were long gone to give Armin the okay, and the blonde popped up from under the bed and promptly dove back under the blankets with Eren. His mouth twisted up in a smirk at Eren's annoyance with his princely duties.

"This is so lame," Eren groaned, and the blonde laughed, kissing him again, but Eren broke away. "Hold on," he said, and he stood and locked the door before they continued with anything else.

The truth was, Eren and Armin weren't supposed to be together. Eren was a prince, who was not only extremely wealthy but also male, and he had to find a girl to marry to continue the family line. Unfortunately, Eren couldn't have had less interest in girls if he tried. Instead, he had gotten very involved with one of the younger guards, who had taken a liking to Eren once he started taking nighttime strolls around the castle when he couldn't sleep. Such things that they were involved in were pretty taboo, so they had to be careful. It seemed like they weren't being as cautious as they should, but where Eren slept was a bit of a hike to get up to, being at the top of the castle, as well as the fact that nobody would hear them up there. They still stayed pretty quiet just in case.

A bit later, Eren was in the dining hall, devouring his plate. Once he had finished, he held up his empty plate to one of the maids.

"Can I have seconds please?" he asked through a mouthful of food, and Mikasa and his parents all shot him a deadly glare. He hardly noticed. They were always doing that.