Why Do You Talk To Me?

You were taking to your best friend, Jimmy Darling at the diner were you worked one sunny morning in Jupiter Florida. Jimmy was sitting at the bar eating breakfast with his gloved hands. You wish he didn't wear them. You think his is perfect just the way he is.

"Jimmy." You say running your fingers down his arm to his gloves. "Take them off. Please. It hurts me to see you like this. You perfect just the way you are." You look him in the eyes.

"I'm a freak y/n." He says and continues to eat his food.

You sight and go to take someone else's order.
"Anything else I can get you?" You ask the old lady you were helping.

"Yes, can you tell that freak to go away! I've seen him in his show."

Jimmy turned his head to look at you and the lady.

"No! I can't!" You yelled ripping her order from your note pad. "And you can get your breakfast somewhere else because I'm not making it!"

You hear the bell on the door ring and see Jimmy waking to his motorcycle. You run out catching him just in time.

"Jimmy you didn't have to leave she was just being a jerk." You say putting your hand on his shoulder. 

"Why do you talk to me y/n?" Jimmy ask you while looking down.

"Jimmy your my best friend, the only one that really listens, the person who is always there for me." You tell him.

"But your normal and beautiful. I bet more guys would be asking you out if they didn't see you around me."

"I'd rather be with you than some other guy."