Chapter Three: The Red Queen's Castle

Start from the beginning

"Alright guys, let's go!" Mickey said as he ran towards the entrance where the card soldier had come from. Dexeres and Vanitas were about to carry Riku, but Riku stretched out his hand.

"No, please, stop! I don't want to be a burden to any of you..." he said, as he tried to stand on his own. Dexeres shook his head.

"You aren't a burden, now just come on and-" he started to say, but Riku stopped him short.

"No. I think I've recovered greatly, so I think I'm able to stand on my own. But I'm not going to slow you guys down, so don't try to change my mind!" Riku exclaimed. Dexeres was about to protest when Vanitas raised his hand.

"Dexeres, let the guy be. He obviously wants to stand on his own two legs. And he's right, we can't carry him forever. Besides, he's heavier than he looks!" Vanitas remarked, and Riku glared at him.

"Gee, thanks!" Riku exclaimed, and at that, they all laughed, and then Mickey looked outside to make sure no enemies were in sight.

"Alright fellas, the coast is clear! If we're going to get out of here, I suggest we do so now!" he said, and with that, they all proceeded to get out of the dungeon.

---

Meanwhile, away from the dungeon, Dawn, Kairi and the Mad Hatter were continuing their search for the other Keyblade Wielders, and along the way, Hatter had told them about how Wonderland had gotten in the state it was in, and about how the Red Queen ruled with an iron fist. Her card soldier army had multiplied, and with the Jabberwocky, the creature that Alice was supposed to confront, the Red Queen was practically invincible. Dawn and Kairi glanced at each other worryingly, and they hoped that their friends would be okay. Dawn thought heavily of Riku, and she hoped his wounds were healing better. Kairi thought of Sora, and just thinking about what could happen to him made her worry very much. And then there was Mickey, Donald, Goofy and everyone else. Just as the two Keyblade Wielders were deep in their thoughts, Hatter stopped short all of a sudden, and then he pointed towards what seemed to be a very foggy swamp. Kairi and Dawn looked at Hatter questioningly.

"This is where you last saw them?" Kairi asked, and Hatter nodded cheerfully.

"Why, yes! And to make it all even better, this swamp is right in the direction of the White Queen's Castle, so we're killing two birds with one stone!" he said, and Dawn walked ahead of them, scouring the terrain, although that was proving to be difficult because of the monstrous fog.

"Well, if Hatter said that this is where he last saw them, then they had to have been here somewhere...I'm sure they had to have left something as a signal! Something to let us know they had been here!" she said as she investigated the nearby trees and the muddy ground. Kairi went to the far side of the swamp and did some investigating of her own. Hatter, on the other hand, went directly towards the fog. Dawn and Kairi quickly went towards him.

"No, not that way, you'll sink into the swampy water!" Kairi exclaimed, but Hatter laughed.

"Oh, heavens no! Right after this fog is my home, where I throw tea parties! Oh, and you two are courteously invited!" he said with a carefree tone.

"But our friends might be in danger! Doesn't that mean anything to you!?" Kairi protested.

"But of course! But, one always thinks better after having a spot of tea! Wouldn't you agree, missy?" he asked, his eyes fixed on Dawn. She noticed Hatter looking at her, and then, after a few seconds, Dawn nodded.