Chapter 2: May I?

After the initial silence due to curiosity, on the principals and new girls arrival everyone took Ms. Newman's distraction as a chance to chat about their weekend happenings and gossip also. But I continued to stare at the new girl - angelic, that was the perfect word to describe her innocent features that were taut with nerves and anxiety.

"Angel," I whispered. That's what I will call her I promised myself.

While Mr.Harris our principal talked lowly to Ms.Newman who's exceptionally pale white cheeks had gone red, Angel stayed behind our Principal fidgeting . Then our principal turned and left the classroom after squeezing Angels hand in reassurance and clearing his throat getting the class attention and giving them a look that said be nice or else...

Our principal was quite tall even surpassing me in height and could be quite intimidating. His ever present suits added to that intimidation . I guess he had that George Clooney look thing going on. Only he was probably taller and had different colour eyes .

My eyes flickered up to his, briefly leaving Angels, and that's when I noticed the resemblance. He and Angel had the same forest like green eyes and straight slightly upturned nose at the tip. They were definitely related but as far as I know Mr.Harris had no children and had gotten divorced from his wife who left the country some years ago. My mother and his wife were highschool friends and I am naturally inquisitive . My mom is also what females call 'bestie.'

"Class, Ms Newman said to us. This is"- she went on to introduce Angel but I blocked it out as I wanted the pleasure of hearing her names from between her own plump suckable lips.

"Yeah, so she is a little shy so be nice and make her feel welcome.Now since you don't want to tell us about yourself why don't you take a seat." Ms Newman said turning to Angel with a very friendly smile that saw her relaxing a little. Then again Ms. Newman was always so outgoing and knew how to make anyone feel welcomed . It also didn't hurt that she was a damn good looking 30 odd year old. How she has no ring on her finger is a mystery .

I shake my head amused and I always wondered why the principal was down here any chance he got.

I knew for a fact the only empty seat was beside me (unless Angel decided to go towards the empty tables at the back) and I made sure to pull that seat closer on her arrival earlier so now she had no choice but to sit close beside me as I knew Ms.Newman would not allow her to sit by herself at the back.

With this I sat back on my stool grinning knowing no other guy nor girl will be getting her attention but me.

As she walked down the side aisle I tried to tamp down my excitement and surreptitiously placed my bag in my lap to hide what dirty thoughts of her had caused down there.

Her scent hit me before her voice did - apples .Gloriously juicy apples that's what she smelled like and I couldn't wait to take a bite .

"May I?" she asked softly, breathily.

I turned to her acting confused.

"What?" I asked my voice rougher than I intended .

She flinched and I was about to apologise.

"May I sit here ?" she asked again not looking at me eyes lowered downward when I really wanted to see her eyes up close .

"Look at me." I commanded .

She did, her eyes flickering up to mine filled with nerves, expecting me to give her a harsh rebuff.

Instead I dominate her further "Say please " I say in a low hoarse voice my eyes not leaving her face. Her eyed I realised contained flecks of gold.

Even though I was sitting I was still taller than her . She couldn't be more than 5'3''.

"Please?" She murmured eyes locked on mine while biting her naturally pink plump lips, still nervous.

Fuck her lips are sexy as hell.

"Sit" I say turning away from her to the board where Ms.Newman had written more than a paragraph of notes on Isomerisation.