Don't Leave - Chapter Eight

Gabrielle

"Gabrielle, please wake up."

"Baby girl, wake up."

"Gabby?"

I opened my eyes to see my mom, dad, Justice and Mr. Criss.

"Uh....what happened?" I asked, sitting up.

"You got ambushed by Rachel and her friends." Mr. Criss says as I sigh.

"I should've been there to protect you. I'm so sorry!" Justice cried out, hugging me tightly.

"Don't apologise, Justice. You didn't do anything wrong." I groaned in pain.

"Did they say anything to you?" My dad asked as my mom took my hand.

"Yeah." I sighed while looking at Mr. Criss. "Mr. Criss, Rachel told me to stay away from you."

"Why would she say that?" He asked confused. His confused face is so cute. No Gab, not now. Especially not in front of your parents.

"I have no idea." I shrugged. "Anyways, how bad is the damage?"

"You have a black eye and a lot of scratches." My mom confirmed. "We're gonna take you home-"

"No. If I miss anymore days, I won't be exempt from my finals."

"She could just stay in my class for the rest of the day?" Mr. Criss suggested.

Justice

No, this can't happen! The whole point of this attack was to keep Gabrielle away from him, not make them get closer!

"I really think that she should leave this place. We don't want the poor girl to be scared." I said as I looked at Gabby's parents.

"I'm not leaving. I can't miss anymore days." She argued as she turned to her dad. "Daddy, can I please stay? Please!" He sighed and turned to Mr. Criss.

"You promise to look after her?"

"I won't let her out of my site, sir." Mr. Criss assured.

"Alright. You can stay Gabrielle. But if something happens, you either call me, your mom, or Mr. Criss. Understood?"

"Yes sir." She replied as I internally screamed.

"Justice, go to class. I got her." Mr. Criss told me as I nodded. I sighed and walked off. Can this day get even more worse than what it is now?

Darren

After Gabrielle's parents left, we headed back to my classroom. I told her to pull a chair up to my desk as I emailed her teachers.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" I asked Gabrielle as she looked at me.

"A bag of ice. And food." She lightly laughed as I grinned.

"Okay. I'll be right back." I stood up from my chair as she grabbed my wrist.

"Don't leave me Mr. Criss..." She pleaded, looking into my eyes as my heart rate sped up. I kneeled down in front of her and took her hand.

"I won't leave."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

~~~~~~~~~

This is like so cringy, I'm sorry. I have no idea where I'm going with this. Any suggestions??