"Gray, I-"

"We are a month away from our wedding. Why would you do this now? To embarrass me? Humiliate me after I've announced this wedding to the entire fucking world? You left me suddenly with the intentions of making me pick up the pieces all on my own?" He was losing his cool mask and showing his hurt. I really hurt him. I left him just as he feared and it tore me apart knowing he thinks he wasn't good enough. "With the snap of my finger, I could make sure you never see Amelia again. You would be permanently out of her life. But I would never do that to you. I would never take Amelia away from her mother, so what I'm trying to figure out is why you would ever do that to me," he sat on the desk to face me.

Amelia squirmed in my arms, reaching her arms for Grayson who she recognized. I put her arms down to stop him from taking her. Not only is Grayson who he is, but taking Amelia out the country without his permission must be breaking some sort of law. Grayson Astor would destroy me in a custody battle.

Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't help the ones falling down my cheeks. He shut his eyes, turning his head away from me.

"Would you believe me if I said I'm just not interested anymore?" I tested but only gained a laugh from him.

"You're coming back home. I have no idea where this idea even came from, but I don't care. You're not leaving me. So let's go," he stood up to leave the room, stopping in his tracks when he realized I wasn't moving. "Kalani, this is serious."

"Believe me, I know," I wiped my tears. "I can't go back."

He stared down at me like he was capable of seeing right through me. "What happened? Tell me what happened. I'll fix this," he came closer, moving hair behind my ear. The flip had finally switched in his head and he was no longer giving me the cold exterior.

"No. W-We can't fix this. You need to just go and let me do this." I was fighting the urge to tell him everything. But Blake's words repeated in my head and I didn't know what to do.

"Just talk to me, Lani. What happened? I can fix this. You need to trust me. You trust me?" His thumb wiped the tears on my face. He looked at me with pleading eyes and I could see how much he wanted to fix things and how much he cares.

"Blake told me to leave. He tried to pay me," I began and could see his body tense.

"Why would you listen to him?" His free hand rubbed my arm.

"He told me if I stayed he would make sure you don't become CEO and you'd lose your COO position. He said he would make sure all your hardwork went to ruins," I tried my best to explain despite how scared I was. I don't fear anyone in life, but Blake Astor has given me a clear reason to fear him.

"I don't care about the position. He could take everything away from me and I wouldn't care because I still have you and Amelia. You should've told me," his hand slid down my arm, holding onto my hand he kissed. My chest felt hot and my heart was threatening to pop out of my chest. Someone who has known no lifestyle but money and luxury would be willing to give it all up just for me and Amelia.

"I couldn't. He said if I told you, he would frame my mother for theft and he would make sure she never finds a job again." Saying it aloud felt surreal. It felt like I was reliving it all over again. Seeing Blake was a sick nightmare. I would be glad if I never heard or saw him again.

"Sweetheart..." he trailed off.

"I didn't know what to do. I was scared, Grayson," I resisted the urges to break down into tears because it would do no one any good. But the tears were already coming down my face and I wanted to cling onto him and emphasize how scared I am. Not only of Blake, but to start a new life in a country I've never been to. Especially with a baby.