Chapter 33

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

"Will everyone come in the living room please?" Rachel called loudly. Sam was currently at the studio recording a few songs. He's released three already and was going to release an EP sometime in April.

"What, Berry?" Santana grouched, walking into the living room with Brittany on her back. She had come to visit and got stuck here because of a snow storm, but both girls were perfectly fine with it.

"I want you guys to help me cheer Sam up."

"Just give him some he-"

"Don't finish that sentence, Santana. You know that him and I are taking it slow." She said. Santana snorted because Rachel didn't say anything about what she was about to actually say.

"Okay. Why do we have to cheer him up anyway? Trouty seems fine to me."

"Yeah, to you, Satan. You usually don't care about anyone's feelings other than Brittany's." Kurt said.

"True. What's wrong with Sam?"

"He's sad, and Sam is never sad during Christmas."

"She's got a point." Blaine said.

"He hasn't seen any of his family, other than Liz, since the middle of June and he's upset, I can tell."

"We haven't seen our families much either." Santana said.

"Yeah, but my dads have come here to visit a couple times, and so has Carole and Burt. You're not that close to your parents." She said, the last sentence directing towards Santana and Blaine."And Artie's mom is always visiting."

"True dat." Artie said.

"And Sam is incredibly close with his family, especially his siblings. And he's been kind of sad anyways, since Stevie pushed him away at the airport."

"Why did he push him away?" Brittany asked.

"He was mad that Sam was leaving again." Rachel answered.

"So how are we supposed to cheer him up?"

"I was thinking we take him ice skating. He said that he used to love it when he was younger. Go see a movie that he's been wanting to see, stuff like that."

"Sing him country songs!" Brittany blurted out and they all laughed.

"That too."

"You know Trouty loves his country music." 

TIME SKIP
5 PM

"What the-" Sam started as he got shot with a bunch of tiny Nerf guns. Nick, Joe, and Demi were with him since they decided they wanted to hang out with everyone. Santana, Blaine, Rachel and Brittany were laughing like crazy. Artie tossed him a gun and he immediately started shooting at everyone. By the time the bullets were all over the place, everyone was laughing and out of breath from running around.

"Y'all are insane." Sam said, sitting on the counter with a water bottle in hand.

"We know." Rachel said, walking up to him. She pecked him on the lips and leaned against his stomach, looking at the others. Sam noticed the way they were all looking at each other, including Nick, Joe, and Demi, as if they knew something he didn't.

"What are y'all up to? Santana, you better not be planning to dump water on me again." Sam said, giving her the 'I'm watching you' gesture. She snorted but shook her head.

"Nah, Trouty. I'm waiting for you to get me back first."

"Oh right! I actually forgot about that!" He grinned evily."Thanks for reminding me." 

"Well shit."

"Okay you two, quit bickering." Rachel said.

"Who says 'bickering' anymore?" Joe whispered to Artie.

"Rachel." He said, point blank. Joe just nodded.

"How do you feel about going ice skating?" Rachel asked.

"Seriously? I thought y'all didn't want to do that." Sam said.

"Well, we wanted to surprise you. I've actually been wanting to learn how to." She answered. He grinned and kissed her head.

"When are we going?" He asked.

"Well, whenever you're ready." She said.

"I'm ready now, I guess." He said. She nodded.

"Let's roll!" Santana said and Artie gave her the evil eye and she laughed and patted his head.

"Sorry wheels." He just waved her off.

TIME SKIP

"Ah!" Rachel screamed as she once again almost fell, even though she was holding onto the railing.

"Rachel, chill. You're fine." Sam said.

"Says you! You know how to skate!" She screeched. He laughed.

"Give me your hands babe." He said. She looked at him, hesitantly. She slowly grabbed his hands and he started skating backwards slowly and she latched onto him so he was basically dragging her now. He laughed and stopped, helping her stand up straighter."Can you stand on your toes?" He asked.

"What does this have to do with-"

"Just answer the question, Rach." He chuckled.

"Yes, I can stand on my toes."

"Can you balance?"

"Yes."

"Can you ride a bike?"

"Yes."

"Can you stand on one foot?"

"Yes."

"Can you stand on a balance beam perfectly?"

"Yes. Sam, this doesn't make any sense."

"Can you balance on roller skates?"

"Yes but,"

"It's basically the same thing Rachel! You just have to balance. Yeah, it's ice and it's blades instead of wheels, but if you practice it's not hard." She sighed and looked at him.

"Fine."

"Okay,  look, hold on to my shoulders." He said. She did."I'm gonna start going backwards, slow, okay? And I want you to follow me and do exactly what I'm doing, just, you know, forwards." She giggled and nodded, her cheeks red from the cold. He moved backwards, making sure he wasn't going to run into anything or anyone. After a couple of slips, she actually started doing it."Okay, only use one hand now." He said. She removed one hand, holding the other one out to balance herself. Soon, she moved her other hand and started slowly moving on her own."See? It's not that hard!" He said."You can do anything you set your mind to, babe." She smiled at him. Then Nick whizzed by, Artie on his back, accidentally bumping into Rachel and causing her to fall on Sam and knock them both down. Rachel looked at Sam from where she was laying on his chest and smiled at him cutely.

"I love you." She said. He grinned at her and kissed her on the lips.

"I love you too.