Chapter 21

Thursday, April 24, 2014

"Can you believe we've been a couple for almost 5 months?" Rachel asked.
"Yes and no." Sam said, sitting on the back of his truck. He was waiting for the rest of the Glee club to arrive because they were coming to his last game. "Yes, because I mean, we're an amazing couple, and no because we're hardly even together since you're in New York and I'm here."

"True, but In July you'll be in New York!" She said excitedly.

"Yes I will. I'll be happy too, because then I can go ahead and get that modeling job over with and spend more time with you."

"I can't wait for that especially. And I thought you were excited for that." She said.

"I am, but everyone is hell hacking me about this record deal thing."

"What record deal thing?"

“Crap, I didn’t tell you about that, did I?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Well Mr. Schue told us a couple weeks ago that the prize for winning the songwriting contest is getting a record deal with Island Records, and Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas are signed there.”

“Oh, really? That’s awesome!”

“And everyone’s been on my case since I said that if I won, I might not even take it.”

“Did you tell them why?”

“Yeah but you know how everyone is.”

“Yeah. Well, I’m sure that if you decide to take the record deal, the modeling agency will understand.”

“I plan on at least staying with them until October, since that will be a year.”

“Well, you never know. The record deal might be available for a few months, because they might consider that you want to go to college first.” Sam chuckled.

“Yeah. Let’s just worry about that when it gets here. Hey, I gotta go get ready for the game. I’ll call you after.”

“Okay! Good luck! Bye!”

“Bye.” He chuckled and hung up. He walked with everyone until he got to the locker rooms and they went ahead to the baseball field.

TIME SKIP

“Congratulations!” That’s all Sam heard as he walked into Rudy’s house. He made 3 home runs and pitched almost the whole game. They won 8 to 0. Rudy ordered a bunch of pizza for the baseball team and the Glee club. Sam was on his way to his group of friends when he heard Andrew talking crap again. He ignored him and made his way over to his friends.

“Congrats on the big win bro.” Jake said, bro hugging him.

“Thanks.” They stood around and talked and he remembered he was supposed to call Rachel.

“Hey Sam!” She answered. He grinned.

“Hey Rach.”

“How did the game go?”

“We won 8 to 0.”

“Really? That’s awesome!”

“I hit three home runs and pitched most of the time but that’s normal.” She giggled at that. He heard Andrew again, closer to the group.

“Bunch of losers.” He was saying.

“Hang on Rach, I gotta handle some business real quick.” He gave the phone to Blaine and walked up to Andrew.

“If you’re just gonna stand here and insult my friends, you can leave.”

“Why should I leave? They’re not even supposed to be here. They should leave.”

“They’re not supposed to be here? This is my Uncle’s house, they can be here if they want to be here. You’re the one who shouldn’t be here. Nobody wants your cry baby ass here anyway.” Andrew glared at him and tried to punch him but missed when Sam took a step back.

“Really? You really wanna do this?” Sam asked.

“Hell yeah.” Before he even knew what hit him, Sam punched him square in the face and knocked him on the ground.

“Do you have any idea how long I’ve wanted to do that?”

TIME SKIP

“So you punched him so hard you knocked him out?” Rachel asked, giggling. They were skyping.

“I did. I wasn’t planning on knocking him out, just popping him one good time.” She laughed.

“I wish I was there to see it.”

“I think Ryder got it on video.”

“I need to see it then.”

“Sam!” Carole called.

“Ma’am?” He called back.

“Will you come get Riley for me?”

“I’ll be back.” He told Rachel and went upstairs to the nursery. Riley was laying her crib kicking her legs. Carole was feeding Liam.

“Can you feed her for me?”

“Yes ma’am.” He picked Riley up and held her with one arm and took the spit up rag and bottle. He went back downstairs and sat in front of his lap top and fed Riley.

“This is literally the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.” Rachel said. Sam laughed.”Weren’t you scared to hold her when she was first born.” Sam blushed.

“Yeah. I mean, she’s so tiny compared to me and I could easily drop her.”

“You won’t drop her, Sam. I can’t wait to come back and see her and Liam.”

“What about me?”

“You too, of course!”