Guilt

'How?
How could I let something like this happen?
I was so... So careless. I could have... Questioned him.
I SHOULD have.
Just like I should have known that him whispering to me was probably a sign that he wasn't supposed to be on the phone.
God... I was so stupid.
I was too careless...
And THIS. THIS is what happens when someone is careless.
Great going, (y/n), great job!'

You were walking down the crowded streets, full of frustration, guilt, and anger. Blaming yourself for Tae's sleep deprived state.

You put Tae, who you loved so deeply, in danger with your own stupidity.

But it wasn't anyone's fault. You couldn't have known. And Tae would never tell you he should have been asleep. All he wanted to do was hear your voice, to see your face.

He didn't want to keep you awake, and because of time zones, that's what he would do if he were to call you during the day. But he was completely fine with not getting sleep. With not dreaming. Because, to him, you're a dream.

You're a real life dream that he doesn't ever want to wake up from. And you know that. He's made sure to make you feel loved and valued. You appreciated it so much.

But putting himself at risk like that wasn't smart. He has a career. He has a life.

It's completely fine for you to lose sleep. There aren't many things you do during the day.

But him? He needs all the energy he can get. He really needs it.

"Aish!" You yelled as you were halfway down an alley, kicking a trash can. You had come to the place you normally vent.

Here, no one could hear you. Nobody could overhear how you felt. You were free to yell, cry, whatever you wanted.

"Ooooh, what do we have here?" You heard a raspy voice ask from behind you.

You jumped and turned around. Your eyes widened as you saw three men, close to their thirties.

"A pretty girl, " said one.

"She's perfect, boys, " another said.

The largest one, seemingly the leader, looked you up and down.

"The perfect toy, " he said with a smirk as he walked towards you, motioning the other two to follow.

You backed up as far as you could as your back hit a brick wall.

"S-Stay away! I'm warning you!"

"Aw, what're you gonna do? Beat us up?" Said one of the shorter ones.

"No, but we might, " you heard a voice say.

Tears welled in your eyes as you looked past the three men, seeing six outlines in the dark alley. You recognized the voice immediately.

"Namjoon?" You asked.

"Hey, we're here, too, (y/n)!" Complained what sounded to be Jimin.

"Hush, Jimin! Focus on the problem, " You heard Yoongi say.

"Aw, a few k-pop looking bastards wanna fight? Well, step right up!" Exclaimed the leader as he swung a punch at Jungkook, who grabbed his fist and twisted, flipping him onto the ground.

You watched in awe.

"Just because we're more handsome than you are doesn't mean we aren't strong~" Said Jin as he held one of the other men in a chokehold.

"Yeah! Hey, did you know dancers have great flexibility?" Hoseok asked the remaining man.

The man rolled his eyes and kicked at Hobi. Big mistake.

Hobi bent completely backwards and moved quickly to grab the man's other leg and twist, probably spraining his ankle as he cried out in pain.

While those three were busy, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jimin made sure you were alright, then praised the others on how cool they were in the situation.

The seven of you walked out of the alley, leaving the three men behind. As you walked back to the hospital, you got the scolding you had expected.

"Why would you go somewhere like that alone, (y/n)? If we hadn't of followed you, what would you have done?" Asked Jin.

You remained silent.

"Yeah, (y/n). Please think before doing things like that, " agreed Namjoon.

"Please, guys... Don't tell Tae, " you begged.

They exchanged glances to one another and agreed not to tell him. The rest of the walk was silent.