Chapter Sixteen | It's Time

Chapter 16 - It’s Time

Hyacinth’s POV

For my whole three days in training, dad helped me learn new knife throwing techniques. I was getting quite good, too. I could hit the center of a target from 15 yards away. If that’s not impressive, I don’t know what is. Today we were heading into the arena. Cam was in her bed across the hall from my room. I knocked promptly on the door. “Mila? You okay?” I ask. “It- it’s nothing.” she replies through her tears. My hand opens up the door and I walk in.

Camila’s under her cover are scrunched up. “What’s wrong?” I ask as I sit down on the bed. “I’m scared.” she says, pulling herself out from under the covers. I confront and wrap my arms around her. “Shhh, it’s okay. You’ll do okay.” I remind her. I can’t stand seeing Cam like this. “Come on, let’s eat breakfast.” I say as I reach out my hand to grab her wrist. She pulls herself up and I drag her to the table. “Ow!” she exclaims as I grab her wrist. Must’ve hurt it in training.

The table has plates full of pancakes, sausage and scrambled eggs. In our glasses were orange juice. “Eat up. But not too much, it could slow you down.” Effie says from across the table. She was wearing a plethora of purple clothing items. Her wig was even a light lilac. Ok, off topic. Cammy and I scarfed down every last bit. I haven’t had a breakfast this big ever. Even living in the Victors’ Village.

We were rushed to wardrobe where we were fit into our arena outfits. Rebelle, my designer, was to dress me up in water-and-fire-proof suit. I wasn’t that comfortable, to be honest. Camila was just next door to my dressing room. I’m worried for her. We have different allies, so one of my allies could kill her. I’m thinking about this way too much. I take out a piece and paper and write ‘Camila, quoi qu'il arrive, je vous aimera toujours. Je tuerais pour vous. - Hyacinth’. I fold it up and kiss it. French was always her favorite language.

“Time to go in the arena, you ready?” Rebelle says to me. I nod slightly. She opens up the door for me as I walk out. “Hey Cam,” I say as I walk past her room. I took the folded paper and slipped it in her pocket. “Don’t read it till you feel like you need to.” She looks at me confused. “Let’s go.” I say grabbing her wrist, but quickly letting go. “Sorry, I forgot you hurt it.”

So here's another chapter! I won't be posting for a week or so since my cowriter isn't available. She got grounded D: In the meantime, I have a new fanfiction up! It's for Disney's FROZEN. I absolutely adore this movie so my friend and I am writing a fanfic! I am SUPER excited for this fanfic. :D