Return of the wolf...only i'm not alonepart26

Mulai dari awal

The we would all watch a romantic comedy and pig out with ice cream and sweets.

But they probably wouldn’t want to speak to me at all after the scene my uncle caused in Marinas House. I cringed.

God… why would any of them want to ever speak to me again after that?

I switched off the shower and dried my self, taking care not to touch my back and not to move too quickly. I knew I was going to be late, I’d probably get there an hour late at the snail pace I was moving at but I couldn’t bring myself to care.

With my towel wrapped around me I shuffled back into my bedroom, closing the door behind me and stood in front of my wardrobe. My curtains were still semi closed so the light was dim. It was almost peaceful. Silence.

I couldn’t wear a bra or anything that rubbed my back so I settled for putting on a training bra that was very soft and slid on a dark purple, t-shirt dress that came to just above my knees. No tights, no makeup except eyeliner and lip balm, everything else was too much hassle. I could only bothered to slip my feet into a pair of old black leather ankle boots because I didn’t want to have to bend down and lace my converse. Pathetic, I know.

Once I was finished the clock by my bed read 9: 20 AM.

I would only be a little late if I rushed, but I wasn’t about to do that.

I brushed my clean hair slowly in front of my mirror, getting out all the knots that had formed. My face was still pale but my eyes had cleared up and my lips still looked sore. Maybe I bit them when I was blacked out?

I glanced back at the clock, 9: 28 AM.

I opened my bedroom door and unhurriedly walked downstairs.

My mum was sitting at the Kitchen table holding a cup in her hands. She looked like she hadn’t slept for ages and I could practically feel the stress emanating from her.

“ Oh sweetie, your awake, your dressed? Are you going to school?” my mum asked and I could hear the croak in her voice. Damn. She’d been crying.

I hated it when she cried and I felt my stomach twist.

“ Yeah.”

“ Are you sure that your ok to go “- she started but I cut her off, “ Yeah. I’ll just bunk off if I don’t want to stay.” I told her quietly.

My mum’s eyes widened in protest but she didn’t say anything and nodded.

“ Do you want me to make you anything to eat? Some breakfast?”

I walked over to my school bag that had been put the dining room table, taking out two books I wouldn’t need today and putting them on the surface.

“ I’m going to stop at a fast food place or something.” I told her, trying not to look at her sad face drop when I spoke.