Chapter 37

The guard dog stops walking and spikes me into the ground, much like the celebration of a NFL football player. I slowly sat up and saw three of Cirrus standing in front of me. I shook my head and slowly my vision focused and went back to normal. "You seem a little shaken up. Did Spike here play too rough?" Cirrus said. "You mean that wall of fur has a name?" I asked. "Of course, I'm not that evil." Cirrus replied. "Are you sure about that last part?" "Come now Cameron. I gave you your name, and you seem to like it." Cirrus said. "Now I want to change my name. Wait.....I thought my mother named me." I said. Cirrus laughed "Your mother? Oh if you only knew boy."

I slowly stood up. "Don't try anything, Spike is itching for more playtime." Cirrus pulled a syringe out of his lab coat pocket "This marks the end of your freedom run. You won't escape me this time." I smirked "That's what you said the last two times." "Incompetent fool." Cirrus said angrily "How can you crack jokes when you are in these situations?! No matter, it's time to do what should've been done." Cirrus raised the syringe and was about to inject whatever was in it into me.

Suddenly Anton appeared out of no where. He pushed me and I fell over on the ground. I watched in horror as the syringe was stabbed into his neck. Anton winced and fell to one knee, Cirrus was outraged "You! You failure, you just ruined my plans!" Anton gave a half smile "That's what I've always been good at right?" I ran over to Anton "Dude what was that, who knows what was in that thing!" I exclaimed. "What's important is that I saved you." Anton said. "Why did you do that?!" I asked. Anton smiled "Because you gave me a second chance. I hope it was a good one." That's when I got hit with the feels "Anton....."

Anton collapsed onto his hands and knees. "Cameron, you need to get out of here fast!" I ran over to where Fawn and the others had gathered. We watched in horror as Anton changed into a lizard monster that looked similar to The Lizard off of Spiderman; just bigger, scarier, and much more destructive. With a roar Anton whipped his tail around and sent Spike crashing into a building, which then collapsed on top of him. "Geeze, I hope that building wasn't inhabited." I said. "For real." Parker agreed. "We need to get out of here now!" Fawn said. Somehow we figured out a way to fly outta there.

I looked down at Anton. He knocked guard dogs away like they were rag dolls with just a flick of his tail. I felt bad for him, after all, it was my fault that happened to him in the first place. "Don't worry my friend, I'll come back for you." I whispered quietly to myself.