Chapter 18

Later that night me, Fawn, and Lissa were watching the movie Zootopia. Lissa glanced up at the clock above the tv "My dad's late, he must've had some extra work to do." Fawn paused the movie "So what time is it?" "It's almost 9:30." "9:30? Crap, I forgot I told Corey that I'd meet him in Central Park by 9:35!" Fawn gathered her things "Sorry guys I gotta bail, we can finish the rest tomorrow." Fawn started to walk towards the door "Wait, go out the window right over there, it's much quicker." Lissa said. Fawn opened the window "Bye guys see you tomorrow." She then jumped out of the window and flew off.

"So you want to watch another movie?" Lissa asked. "Sure, which ones do you have?" "There are a bunch of them in my room if you want to look through them. They're in a blue box beside my bed." Lissa said. "Ok." I got up and walked to Lissa's bedroom. I was about to go in, but the door to her dad's bedroom was open. I took a step towards the door and battled my conscious, but since I'm part cat, my curiosity got the best of me, and I slowly crept into the room. In the corner of the room was a desk that had a bunch of papers scattered on it. I walked over to the desk and examined the papers. The first few were bills and other kinds of junk mail, but hidden underneath the papers was an ID card, it read:
                            Cirrus McCray
               Lab Director/ Head Scientist
                      Steel Creek Industries

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Professor Cirrus was Lissa's dad! I heard glass shatter in the living room; I froze with fear, someone besides me was in Lissa's apartment. I stayed where I was. I listened for the slightest sound sound, and then I heard it. The distinct sound of dog nails on tile; I knew that the uninvited guest was a guard dog. I heard Parker's voice "Alright Cameron, I know you're back there, just come on out." There was a minute of silence, then Parker spoke again "So you want to be difficult, then I guess I'll just have to hurt your little friend." "Cameron, don't listen to him, I'll be fine." Lissa said. "Aww isn't that sweet, she wants to protect you. It would be shame to hurt your girlfriend, she has a lot of spirit, I like that." Parker said. "Don't make me ask you again, if I have to repeat myself your girlfriend is going to get it, and you know the damage I'm capable of." I had no other choice but to reveal myself. I made my way down the hallway, Parker saw me "So the kitty has come out of hiding." "Just let her go, I know it's me you want." I said. "Sorry, but I can't do that. I have orders to bring you both in." I felt a sharp prick in the back of my neck; I turned around and saw a smaller guard dog with a syringe in his hand. I saw Lissa, who was tied up on the couch, but then my vision became blurry and I couldn't stand. The last thing I saw was Lissa's face, then I fell to the floor and blacked out.