Chapter 26

"I thought you said you had a plan." Parker said. "I never said it was a good plan." I retorted. Parker walked over to one of the roof's boarded up skylights and ripped a board off "Help me wedge this across the hatch door." Together Parker and I situated the board over the hatch and wedged it into the metal guard rails. "That should buy us some time." I said. Just as I had gotten the words out of my mouth Max busted through the hatch. "You just had to say something didn't you?" Parker said.

"Thought you could escape so easily?" Max said. "To be honest, yes. But I must say; you have the most common sense out of all the guard dogs I've fought. But even they wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for the rock distraction bid." "You're lucky they want you alive, otherwise I'd turn you into road kill." Max snarled. "He has a point Max, if you're as smart as you claim to be, then you would've known that was a distraction." Parker added. I caught what he was doing. Wasting time until Fawn and Corey got here, secretly Parker was a genius. And Max took the bait "Shut it Parker, no one asked for your input!" Max said angrily. "I don't think we asked for yours either." I said. "Alright that's it cat boy you're going down!" Max snarled. He kept towards me; I was ready to dodge the attack, but Corey smashed into him from above and sent Max crashing through the warehouse ceiling. "Perfect timing Corey, thanks for the rescue." I said. Corey smiled "No problem bro."

"Ok let's get you out of here." Fawn said. "I can explain about Parker. He- " I began. Fawn interrupted "Explain later. He's hurt and we need to get away from here immediately." "Yes mam." I transformed into a house cat and jumped into Fawn's arms, she turned to Corey "Can you pick him up?" "Yeah easily." Corey replied. "Great let's go." Fawn said. Fawn and Corey spread their wings and rose above the abandoned warehouse, then we traveled to our safe point.