Chapter 30

We split into 2 groups: Parker and Corey were on the ledge outside of Lissa's bedroom and Fawn and I were on the fire escape. My communicator's screen lit up and I saw Parker's face "Alright Cam we're in position, ready when you are." "Good; remember to be silent. Let's do this quick, in and out." "Can do buddy." I pressed a button and the screen went dark again.

"This is going to get us all killed." Fawn said. "Which is why stealth is crucial." I replied. "Ooh that reminds me. You can shoot tranquilizer darts from your communicator. All you have to do is press the button on the let side." Fawn said. "Sweet! I can't wait to try that out!" I said.

"The boys are moving into the hallway outside Lissa's room. Let's move in." Fawn said. I took one of my claws and began fiddling with the window lock. "What are you doing? Fawn asked. I moved some of my blonde hair out of my face "Picking the lock, what else would I be doing?" I got the lock off of the window and Fawn and I climbed inside.

"So how many hostiles?" I whispered to Fawn. "Two in the kitchen where Lissa is, 3 in the living room asleep, and one in the hallway that Parker and Corey took care of." She replied. "Ok. So will it work if I shoot the ones already asleep?" I asked. "I guess." We began moving carefully down the hallway to the living room. Fawn looked around the corner that led into the living room and quickly ducked back behind the wall "One of them is watching tv, I hope you have good aim." "We'll see." I whispered.

I peeped around the corner trying not to be seen. Slowly I brought my communicator up and aimed. "I hope I hit him." I said quietly to myself. I pressed the button and watched as the dart shot through the air and landed in the guard dog's shoulder; it didn't take long before he was asleep. I turned to Fawn "Where are Corey and Parker?" "A little bit behind us, let's go ahead and move in." Fawn replied.

We crept past the sleeping guard dogs and paused outside the kitchen door "Where are the ones in the kitchen?" I asked. "One's sitting beside Lissa at the table, the other's staring out the kitchen window." Fawn said. Corey and Parker came over to us "What do we do now?" Corey asked. "Parker transform into your guard dog form and open the door. I'll come in after you and put them to sleep." I said.

Parker became his guard dog self (a form I was all to familiar with) and opened the kitchen door "Hey guys do know where the remote is?" The guard dog sitting at the table looked up "You lost it again? How many times do I have to help your stupid self find it?" Parker looked hurt "I'm sorry, I'll just look for it myself." As soon as Parker said that I jumped from behind him and shot the table guard dog with a dart. His buddy tried to jump toward us, but I got him too. And just like that we had successfully saved Lissa.

"Cameron quick untie me!" Lissa said. I ran over to Lissa and used my claws to cut through the ropes she was tied to the chair with. When she was free, Lissa rubbed her wrists "I'm glad you guys are here. I was starting to get rope burns." She then gave me a hug "Thanks Cameron." "You're welcome kid." "We should probably get out of here before the sedative wears off." I turned around and saw Fawn staring at me with her eyes narrowed. "Yeah, let's get out of here." I said while walking over to the kitchen window.

After we had gotten back on the rooftops we traveled a long time in silence. Finally I spoke to Fawn "Those darts are really cool, I felt like Spiderman!" Fawn gave me a little smile "Glad I could help type feel like your favorite super hero Cam." And that was all I was gonna try and get outta her, any more and I was afraid that she'd punch me. That's the one thing I liked about Fawn, she was feisty and smart. Ok make that two things, cats are bad at math.

"Sir it appears that Cameron and his group of rebels have captured your daughter

"Sir it appears that Cameron and his group of rebels have captured your daughter." Wasn't it your job to guard her, after all, it's what you were made for correct?" Cirrus said icily.

"Uh.....y- yes sir." the guard dog replied nervously. Cirrus slammed his hand on his desk "I want every guard dog on the street looking for them! No one comes back here unless Cameron and that traitorous Parker are with them!" "What about the rebels with them?" "Bring my daughter, kill the others." "Yes sir."

"Why are you still standing here in my office, go pass my orders along!" Cirrus shouted. "Y- yes sir!" The terrified guard dog ran out of Cirrus' office. "Run while you can Cameron, your freedom run is about to come to an end." Cirrus said to himself.