The Date

Today I refuse to be cliche he told himself, looking at himself in the mirror for one last time, he put a dab of cologne and a little gel on the hair.
He was at her door sharp at 8, he was reluctant to get down,"you're all set and ready, now what the hell is stopping you?" he asked himself. Roshni peeked out of the Window to find a grey volkswagen . Wearing her black pumps she rushed down, her heart beating faster with every step she took. She slowed her pace and gasped for a little air.This is the second or third date she was going for, in her college days she was forced and set up to go for dates but this was the first time it just happened like that naturally. Putting her shyness behind she calmly walked to the car and opened the door, "eh Hi" blurted Surya,that was unexpected, he was preparing himself, " well I was going to come in"
" it's ok, I just saw you're car and came down" she smiled, her eyes checking him out, he was wearing a Ralph Lauren polo and a khaki trouser. Roshni didn't expect this at all, this was more of a surprise. She was expecting him to be wearing a shirt and a formal pant with a leather belt but this wasn't disappointing, just different from what she expected. His broad shoulder looked perfectly fine in this T-shirt, she thought .Him on the other hand expected her to be dressed this way, elegantly. Her lip shade was naked he just loved it though he had no idea what it was.
Surya drove the car, silence filling in.Roshni was admiring his long fingers holding the gear,she broke the ice again asking the same question that lead to the date "so?" calmly looking at the windscreen
" so" he stretched the word "we are going to this café where they have this tasty lamb panini, wait you aren't vegetarian are you?" he asked her, his eyes scared of the answer she was going to give , he wanted her to be a meat lover
"no no I do enjoy meat, I'm non-veg"
He sighed in relief " well I'm taking you to a nice place, I'm sure you'll enjoy it" he glanced at her
The car stopped at movenpick. Roshni unbuckled her seat belt to get down but
Surya stopped her midway " wait, this isn't the place I'll be back" he leaned closer and buckled her seat belt carefully without touching her, his closeness felt oddly satisfying for her,the strong scent of his cologne lingering in her nose,  she managed to mumble out an "okay"

It's been more than forty five minutes since they left that cafe, Roshni slightly started feeling odd, where is this guy taking me to,she mentally started questioning herself. what if he's some psychotic killer? Or maybe he's kidnapping me?, why did I ever agree to this date, she started feeling restless. Surya was calmly tapping the staring and softly humming a tune looking out. This man can never be all that you claim she reasoned, his soft fingers and innocent eyes could prove all her senseless thoughts wrong. "Are you getting bored? We're almost near"
" no it's just I didn't think it would take this long "
" it's worth the time, I promise. It's one of the best places in chennai for me" he smiled. After more than thirty minutes of driving straight the car took a left and lt was a drive in restaurant, the car went inside and there was a go karting track in the middle and they passed it and parked the car infront of a long Shack built above the ground level , to its side stood two rooms which looked like the kitchen. It was a very simple place with two plastic tables and six to eight chairs around them. Both of them got down, Roshni curiously ran up the stairs to the Shack, today's climate was treating them too good, the cool wind blowing on her gave her goosebumps, she stopped at what stood before her, it was the moon inches above the sea,it was full, big and so close, it was breath taking, it really did take her breath away, she descended the stairs leading to the beach, " isn't it beautiful " he asked from behind. He had a beige colour mat in his hand, he opened it and layed it on the sand for Roshni to sit, he walked to the man standing near the kitchen and gave him one of the two  bags he was holding , he went back to Roshni and took out the milkshake from the bag and held it for her " it's swiss chocolate shake, or shall I order something else for you, honestly I would never order here.The food here sucks but this view, it's amazing "
"no I'm good with chocolate, in fact I love chocolate"  she took it from him, the waiter from the kitchen came back with two plates in his hands. The panini was hot, taking a bite of it Roshni asked " mmm this is hot, did they microwave it?"
" I actually told them to put it in a pan and grill it "
" this is too good, I'm actually a fan of chicken sandwiches but this panini is really good, the flavoring but wait, they are heating other restaurant's food for us" she asked amusingly
" well yes, I know the guy and I gave him some money "
" money does wonders "
" not really, this moment with you is priceless " he replied, oh my god you're again becoming cheesy he thought
The Doctor's sudden flirtation caught Roshni off guard making her choke a little on her panini but she managed by gulping a mouthful of the milkshake. They both sat side by side watching the waves dancing to the moon, he thought he could just do this all night, just to sit beside her and feel her serene beauty,breathe the air she breathes. She broke the sudden silence " well when you said it's a date,I thought it would be some fancy restaurant but this is more beautiful than that "
" I knew that you would think that way, I wanted it to be a special, a surprise for you, I just didn't want to be cliche but I do love places like that, hope I can take you there sometime "
So he's thinking of taking me to another one she thought and before she could respond he interrupted
"can you dance with me? now?"
" here?! But there's no music and it's dark"
" music, I've got it all set and as for the light, isn't the Moon enough? " suddenly his smooth voice sounded husky, husky enough to tingle her ears and make her say yes, though she knew nothing about dancing. She wanted to protest no! But she couldn't. He grabbed his bluetooth speaker from the car and played the music from his phone, the piano of louis Armstrong started playing in repeat and then came the sound of his saxophone, he held out his hand for her and she slowly got up, he stepped closer and his hand was on her hips but they were barely touching it, his other hand holding her soft fingers, as she touched his soft yet manly fingers, she felt  electricity building up slowly and she clasped her fingers tightly to stop the feeling and held his hand again. Her other hand slid on his muscular shoulder,  he surely does workout it seems she thought. He took care of her fragile body like a glass, his body merely touching her's his eyes fixed on her's,
"is this the song that plays in the background of almost all chickflick movies?"
"haha yes" he chuckled.
Being in each other's embrace made them feel warm even in the cold wind.
Roshni's mobile started buzzing and she came out of her dreamy trance, she remembered it's probably her dad, " I have to take that" she said and walked up to the mat picked up her mobile and it was her dad, which worried her. " Hello papa, yes I forgot to tell you, I'm out with a friend will be back in an hour.Ok bye " she sighed in relief
" is everything okay?"
" yes it's just that, its late and dad's home alone. I'm worried "
" please don't worry, you're dad is perfectly fine, if you want we can leave now ?"
" thank you "

The way back home, silence once again filled the car.Roshni called her dad to check upon him, Surya drove faster than he usually drives to reach on time,"I hope that you didn't get bored today"  he told her
" please, you have no idea how much I enjoyed today,I've never seen the moon this close. To be honest this is the third or the fourth time I've been to the beach and I'm in love - in love with the beach " Roshni was already confused whether she was only in love with the beach, this feeling when being around the doctor was new but she definitely loved it.
Surya stopped the car in front of Roshni's gate, he didn't want the date to end so soon, he suddenly wanted to hold her for more , he thought I should have hugged  nope I should have kissed her, irrespective of the consequences.It would've been worth it, he grinned like a happy kid.
" It was a great place, thank you once again" Roshni said and got out of the car. "wait..." he replied but she hurried to the gate, she was in a rush to go see her dad, " I should have bloody atleast walked her to the door and hugged her, maybe that's what she was trying to avoid " he hit both his hands on the staring wheel making it honk