The wedding

Roshni opened here eyes to look at her flawless bridal make up, yet she found that something was missing; her happiness, she felt hollow. From behind her good friend Shruti held her shoulder saying "you look beautiful and you'll get the best"
Roshni was wrapped around in a red bridal kancheepuram saree,she was glowing in it like an indian goddess.
Roshni smiled at Shruti,Roshni never thought about an arranged marriage, but there wasn't any love in her life,belonging to someone else for the rest of her life because her father said so was a little frightening for her but she knew that her father always only wants good to happen to her. She looked at her unmarried self for one last time and headed to the car

Surya was waiting for the signal to change to green so that he can go, he stared at the red light for some time and then turned and glanced out of his window, damn! He thought looking at the girl sitting in the car next to him wearing a kancheepruam saree with bridal make up and gold jewellery from head to toe, the car was decorated with flowers "seems like she just got married," if all the beautiful girls get married even before I see them, how is that " surya realised that he was talking to himself like an idiot. He searched for the bride's car, the car behind him started honking as the signal turned green , and he drove away

The marriage hall's walls adorned the beautiful indian jasmines, falling from the top and dangling down, every pillar and wall covered with long thick jasmine strings. Mr.Arwind welcomed every guest with a smile,it was his daughter's wedding and a closure of a big deal. Business partners now turning into relatives,what more can a father and a business man ask for. The bride entered the hall as her father was welcoming every guest, smile climbed upon her confused face as she saw her father he guided her to her room as there was still time for the auspicious moment, deep down she had a gut feeling of something wrong, she couldn't decipher the feeling itself she felt nauseous, she tightly shut her eyes and she heard the door's knock as her relatives poured in the room to take her to the stage, in sometime she will be married to Vikram, a friend she has known for long, her dad's business partner's son, she has spent a lot of time with him but she has never seen him out of a platonic friendship.Roshini sat infront of the fire next to Vikram and the rituals started as the hindu priest prayed the sanskrit verses. Roshni's father became emotional at the sight,a tear escaped his cheeks, his assistant hurried towards Him.he gasped for air as he tried to explain to his boss "sir, P- police are here for the groom". these words confused Arwind,he watched the inspector walk in with an envelope towards the stage, the priest stopped his chanting, the band stopped their music and the whole wedding hall became silent. "yes sir what seems to be the problem" asked the groom's father to the police.
The police handed the warrant to him. The groom's father Mr.mohan called his partner to read the warrant with him,they both went to a room to discuss the issue in private. Mohan told
His partner "we're in a fix here"
Clearing his throat, Arwind asked"meaning!?"
" I simply cannot believe, he'd go to such extent"
" we have to deal with this legally, he has purposefully done this, we can bail him out soon and everything will happen as per planned" Manohar put a comforting hand around Arvind's shoulder,being the father of the bride this wasn't something to just move on with for Arwind but he shook his head in acceptance
The police men took custody of Arwind's to be son in law as the whole throng of friends and relatives of both the bride and groom watched, judgemental voices and accusations aroused from the crowd,people started talking whatever they rumoured to be true, being the groom's father Manohar just waved it off,the problem with crowds and relatives was this,talking whatever you can and you want. Arwind couldn't take in what he was seeing, people accusing his daughter's luck and more stupid things which cannot be proved in this cvilised 21st century, he looked at his daughter all dressed up and ready for a new life,confused and not knowing what to do, I have destroyed my daughter's life he thought, a surge of pain started to develop in his chest and he started sweating slowly, unable to bear the spreading pain he grasped his chest and held the pillar in the mandap next to him.

Hey guys, hope you like what I'm writing. Please show some support by liking it. Click the star if you like what I'm writing, thank you