*******************************

I woke up suddenly from a nightmare. I was sweaty and cold, gasping for air. In my dream I was drowning. I tried to get to the water surface, but no matter how far I swam I could never find the top. I could feel my lungs crave air and my head get tight. I swam until I couldn't move anymore. I opened my eyes under the water to see Dally next to me, also under the water. He was unconscious and a pale white. I grabbed onto him and swam as hard as I could to get to the top, but still couldn't find it. Soon, my vision got dark and blurry. I then let it in. I gasped for air and instead I filled with water. That's when I woke up.

I fell off the couch and clung to the ground, gasping and huffing in air. I think i was holding my breath in the dream. My head pounded and my body ached. I pressed my eyes closed so I could focus on breathing. "Sophie?" I heard someone say. I kept my eyes closed and disregarded the voice. "Sophie?!" I felt someone grab me and pull me into a sitting position.

"Get off me!" I yelled keeping my eyes closed, not knowing who had grabbed me.

"Sophie calm down it's me."

I gulped down more air, and steadied my breathing. When I was breathing fairly even, I opened my eyes. Dally was on his knees in front of me with a horrified look on his face. "Dal'?" I asked out of breath.

Suddenly the lights came on. My eyes adjusted and I saw Soda and Darry standing in the doorway, looking worried. "What the hell's going on?" Darry asked.

I breathed deeply and looked over at them, realizing I was safe. "Nothing, just a bad dream."

"You okay?" Soda asked with soft eyes.

I nodded and gave him a small smile to convince him I was alright, even though I was not. He nodded to me and walked back towards the stairs. Darry took a look around and then turned the lights back off. "Are the nightmares back?" He asked

I shook my head. "No, it was just a bad dream." I coaxed.

I didn't want Dally worry. "That didn't seem like no bad dream." He raised his eyebrows.

I studied his face and remembered the pale unconscious version of him in my dream. I shivered, and stood up wobbly. "Forget about it Dal' it was nothing."

He clethced his jaw and narrowed his eyes at me. "You sure?"

I forced a smile and nodded. "I'm sure."

"Alright.."

He slowly walked back to the armchair where he was sleeping. I glanced over at Liam and through the dark I could see that he was still fast asleep. I sighed and laid back down on the couch. Trying to go back to sleep was hard. The Christmas tree still lit up some of the room, making my eyes hurt, but if I closed my eyes I saw the water. The endless abyss that me and Dally had drowned in. So I waited until Dally fell back asleep. Then I got up and slipped on a pair of Darry's boots. I quietly put on a jacket and scarf, then went outside. It was cold, but not too cold. I didn't know what time it was, but I could see small streaks of light barely coming over the horizon. I would guess around five in the morning.

I stuffed my fists in my pockets and walked down the empty streets. I didn't know where I was walking to, but I just kept walking. Soon, I got into town. It looked deserted besides the glow of the stoplights. No cars, no people, just a few street lights and blinking stop lights.