{Bob's POV}

"Okay. I have to drop Mikey off at Ray's house first. I'll come over after that." Gerard said. "Okay, I'll see you-" I was cut off by Mikey screaming, "Gerard, look out!" All I could hear was squealing tires, crunching metal, and glass shattering, and then the call disconnected. "Gerard?! Oh my God, Frank!" I called. He ran out of my room to the kitchen. "What's wrong?" He asked. "We have to go. We have to go now." I said in a daze as I grabbed my jacket and car keys and raced outside. Frank quickly followed me out and climbed into the car beside me. "Bob, what is wrong?!" Frank asked again. I started the car and pulled out of the driveway. "Mikey and Gerard. We were on the phone when...I don't know, Frank, I think someone hit their car...I don't know." I said, freaking out. "Alright, hey, calm down. Everything's going to be okay." Frankie said soothingly. I took a few deep breaths and focused on the road. "Call Ray. They were going to his house, maybe they were close and he can see them." I suggested. Frank nodded and pulled out his cellphone, dialing Ray's number. "Hey. Listen, I'm with Bob in his car headed towards your house. Gerard and Mikey were headed there, and we think they might have been involved in an accident. Can you go outside and see if you can see anything?" He asked. "Okay, thanks." He said, then hung up. "He's gonna call me back if he sees anything." Frank explained. I nodded and kept driving. We were a few minutes away from Ray's house. Frank's cell started to ring. "Yeah, Ray? You see it! Oh, thank God! We'll be there in a minute. Okay, bye." He hung up. "Two blocks from his house." Frank said.
       We reached the accident site in a minute. Ray was standing by Gerard's car, which was shoved up against a tree, trapped by another car. A lady stood beside him. "Hey, what's up?" Ray asked us. "Nothing. What's up with you?" I asked. "Nothing. She said she called for an ambulance. Should be here any minute." Ray said. Frank ran up and leaned next to the smashed in driver's side, the window smashed as well. "Gerard!" Frank cried. I went over and looked in the window. The door was caved in, trapping Gerard's arm. He was unconscious in the driver's seat, blood slowly pouring down from a giant gash on his head. "Oh, God. Gerard!" I said. "Mikey?!" Ray asked from the other side of the car. "Is Mikey okay?" I asked. "He looks okay. He's unconscious, but he looks okay. Mikey?!" He asked again. I could see him shaking his boyfriend gently. A small groans was heard from the car. "Ray? What...?" "Shh, don't move too much, Mikey. You and Gerard were in an accident. The ambulance is on its way." Ray explained. I saw Mikey turn his head over to Gerard. "Oh, my God. Gee!" Mikey cried. "Mikey, listen. I can see the ambulance coming down the street, okay. Gerard is going to be okay." Ray soothed him. Mikey took some deep breaths and calmed himself.       
        The paramedics came and, with help from the fire department, managed to get Gerard and Mikey out of the car and onto some stretchers. "I'll ride with Mikey and meet you both there." Ray said. Frank and I agreed and watched as Ray climbed into the ambulance with Mikey and the other driver, who didn't have any major injuries. Frank and I climbed in beside Gerard, who was still unconscious. Frank sat on a bench and took Gerard's hand in his own. I had explained earlier that Frank was his boyfriend.
        The paramedics were whispering amongst themselves. "Is he going to be okay?" Frank asked, gripping Gerard's hand a bit tighter. "He'll be fine." One of the medics said, giving Frankie a sympathetic glance before returning to his conversation with his partner. I looked over at Frankie, frowning, and wrapped an arm around him supportively.

{Donna's POV}- New One!! Also, time skip to a few hours later  bc I'm lazy and tired.

       I was finishing up the last touches of dinner when my house phone started ringing. I quickly wiped the water off of my hands after washing them and grabbed the phone. "Hello?" I answered. "Hello, Mrs. Way. It's...it's Bob." Bob stuttered on the other end. "Hello, Bob. Is everything okay? You sound scared." I pointed out. "Um...I'm calling about Mikey and Gerard. They were driving to Ray's house when...a lady hit a patch of ice and...they were in an accident, Mrs. Way. I'm at the hospital with them now. Mikey is fine, just a few scrapes and bruises and a minor concussion. Gerard has been unconscious for a while now, but the doctor said he was stable." Bob explained. I almost dropped the phone. "Hello?" Bob asked. I cleared my throat and said, "You are at the hospital, you said. Which one? Belleville Memorial?" "Yes. Mikey and Gerard are in room 14B, on the second floor." Bob said. "Thank you, Bob. I will be there shortly." I said before hanging up. Donald was out picking up some last minute things for me at the store, so I left him a quick note and rushed out the door and into my car.
        I arrived at the hospital and rushed to the room my boys were in after getting the ok from the desk nurse. When I entered the room, I saw Bert, Frank, and Ray sitting beside my sons, each in their own beds. Gerard's eyes were closed, his face peaceful as he rested. Mikey looked up at me. "Hey, mom." He said, a bit of pain mixed in with his voice. I crossed the room to his bed, smiling, and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Hi, honey. How are you feeling?" I asked. "Fine, just a little sore." He answered. "Good." I said. I moved over to examine my oldest son. He had a bandage over his head and a cast wrapped around his left arm. "What happened to him?" I asked Bob. "The lady's car hit his side. The door caved in and his arm got stuck. Doctors said it wasn't too bad, a couple of fractures in a few spots, but he'll be fine in a few weeks. He also got a big gash on his head from the glass. His window smashed, and glass went flying. It sliced him pretty good, but that'll be okay eventually, too. He'll have a nasty scar, but knowing Gerard, he'll think it's cool." Bob answered, smiling. I smiled and nodded. "How did you find out about the accident?" I asked. "I was on the phone with them and heard it happen. They were near Ray's house, so  Frank called him and asked him to go out and check it out. Frank was at my house." I nodded. "Well, thank you, boys." I said. Bob and Ray nodded.
       That was when I noticed Frank, seated beside Gerard. He was holding Gerard's hand tightly, staring at his sleeping face. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, not moving when he flinched at the sudden contact. "Oh, hi, Mrs. Way. When did you get here?" He asked. Bob stood up and whispered, "He's been sort of in a daze since we got to the scene of the accident." I nodded and Bob sat back down. "Frankie, honey, I know your worried, but Gerard is going to be okay." I said. He nodded and said, "I know."
       The door opened, and my husband walked in. "Hi, Honey." I said. He waved to me before moving to Mikey's bed. "I'm fine, dad." Mikey said, smiling. Donald released a sigh of relief. "Good. How is Gerard?" He asked. "His arm is fractured in some spots, and he cut his head, but the doctor said he should be okay." I answered. Donald nodded and sat down.

{Gerard's POV}-Time skip about an hour bc I'm lazy and it's early.

       All I could see was darkness, all I could hear was silence. Ironic, huh? Suddenly, I could hear something different. It sounded like...it sounded like Frankie. I could hear a few different voices-Frankie, Mom, Dad, Bob, Ray, Mikey. Everybody was there. I tried to open my eyes, but nothing happened. I took a breath and tried again, and finally managed to get my eyes open a bit. I took in another breath and opened my eyes completely. "Gerard? Gerard!" Frank cried, immediately throwing his arm around me. It hurt my arm a little bit, but I brushed it off and hugged him back. "Hey, Honey. How are you?" My mom asked. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I tried extra hard, and managed to say, "I....I'm..." I stopped, my throat burning and tears sliding down my cheeks. "Gerard, honey, what's wrong?" Mom asked. I pointed to my throat. "H-H-Hurt." I stuttered, more tears falling. "Donald, go and get a doctor." She said. My dad raced out of the room and grabbed a doctor from the hallway.
       After the doctor examined my throat, he said, "Everything looks fine. Did you hit your head at all in the crash?" I tried to remember, but everything was blurry. "Yeah. I remember. Your head hit the steering wheel when the car first hit." Mikey said. "That's most likely the problem. I think you hit your head a little too hard, may have caused some slight damage to the Broca's area of the brain, or the part that controls speech. However, most patients who have damaged the Broca's area have lost complete understanding and/or ability of speech, whereas you can still speak a little. I'm assuming you can understand what I'm saying clearly?" He asked. I nodded. I understood every word. "Good. I don't think the damage is enough to cause permanent harm, just a bit of trouble with speaking. It should heal over time, and you should regain your speech ability in full. Any questions?" Nobody said anything. "Okay. Any problems, you can always come back. Otherwise, you seem fine, so you should be all set to go. You can sign yourselves out at the desk. Have a happy thanksgiving!" The doctor said before leaving the room.
       Mikey got out of bed, with a little help from Ray, because he was still a bit sore, he said. "Come on, I want to go eat dinner." He said, smiling. Frankie helped me to my feet before planting his lips onto mine. I smiled and pressed back, favoring the taste of coffee on his lips. When he pulled back, he was smiling, and I could feel a smile spreading across my own lips. "Im glad you're okay, baby." He said. I pointed to myself, and then held up two fingers. He smiled, understanding what I had said. Mikey and I quickly got changed out of our hospital gowns, and met up with our family and friends outside the room. "Ready?" Mom asked. We both nodded and followed them to the front desk, where they quickly signed us out. We all piled into Mom's SUV and drove back to our house. When we got inside, Ray's mom and dad and Bob's mom were just putting the rest of dinner on the table. "What is all of this? What are you all doing here?" Mikey asked. "Well, I told them where their boys were and what had happened, and they offered to come and finish up dinner for me while I stayed at the hospital with you boys." Mom explained.
       "Thank you all, so much." Mikey said. I looked at them and mouthed the words. They looked at me curiously, I had never had a problem talking to them. "He had a little bit of head trauma from the accident, so he's going to have some trouble speaking for a while." Mom said. They all smiled and nodded. It wasn't like anybody was really affected here- I had to get comfortable with talking to everybody, so they've all had experiences with my silence. It would be just like when I met them all. "Well, come on. Let's eat!" Bob's mom said. We all smiled and took our seats. I sat next to Frankie. "So, does anybody want to say what they're thankful for?" Mom asked. I smiled and looked over at Frankie. Taking his hands in mine, I mouthed, "I'm thankful for you. I love you." Everybody smiled. "I'm thankful for you, too, Gee. And I love you, too." Frankie said, pulling us together until our lips met.

Well, that was it! I hope everybody had a great thanksgiving! Hope everybody ate LOTS of food! I'm sorry if this chapter made you cry, or hate me, or whatever. But, just a reminder, if you read a story called Silence and Sadness, expect Sadness. Anyway, that's it for now! Later!

🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁