Happiness Gone Wrong

{Franks POV}

       I was more nervous than ever. It seemed like a month had flown by so fast, and now Gerard was graduating. I sat at the football field with Donald, Donna and Mikey, along with Bob's parents, and Ray and his parents. I waited patiently while the school valedictorian and salutatorian gave speeches, and waited while they handed out diplomas to countless other kids, applauding when they gave Bob his. Finally, they reached Gerard. As he walked across the stage, really awkwardly, he glanced over at me and smiled. I blew him a kiss and mouthed, "I love you." His smile grew wider as he mouthed the words back, then walked off stage.
      Just when I thought it was done, the principal came on stage and tapped the microphone, getting our attention. "Firstly, I would like to congratulate the Belleville High School graduating class of 1995!" The graduates cheered, tossing their blue caps into the air. The audience clapped until the principal silenced everyone once again. "We have one final big surprise. I am very proud to welcome graduate Gerard Way back to the stage." He said, clapping. The audience, a little confused, nevertheless did the same. Gerard walked back onto the stage, a small, nervous smile on his face. The principal handed the microphone to him, and whispered something to him before walking off the stage.
        A music track started playing from somewhere. Gerard held the microphone tightly in his grasp, taking deep breaths.

Well, when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way
And after all this time that you still owe
You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know
So take your gloves and get out
Better get out
While you can
When you go
Would you even turn to say
I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday
Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading
So sick and tired of all the needless beating
But baby when they knock you
Down and out
It's where you oughta stay
And after all the blood that you still owe
Another dollar's just another blow
So fix your eyes and get up
Better get up
While you can
Whoa, whoa
When you go
Would you even turn to say
I don't love you
Like I did
Yesterday
Well come on, come on
When you go
Would you have the guts to say
I don't love you
Like I loved you yesterday
I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday
I don't love you
Like I loved you
Yesterday

He had looked at me the entire time, and halfway through the song, he came down until he was standing an inch away from me. I didn't realize I was crying until now. Everyone around us was silent.
       Gerard handed Mikey the microphone, and took both of my hands in his. "That song may have sounded a bit...off. It kind of sounds like a break-up song. The main purpose of that song, however, is to pay attention to the chorus." He started saying.
      "I don't love you like I did yesterday, Frankie. No, I love you even more than that. And I know what some of these people are thinking right now. That I'm a disgusting fag who should go kill himself. I've heard it all. But what they think, what they have to say, doesn't matter to me anymore." He took the microphone from Mikey, and turned to his class. "Let me repeat that for all of you who always thought I was afraid of you. I don't give a crap what you think, or what you say, or how cool you think you are when you tell a person to end their life just because they dress differently, or listen to different music, or like the same gender! I don't give a crap about your opinions, or any of you!"
     Then, he turned back to me. "As long as I have you, I have something worth living for. Frankie, you mean more to me than almost anything in this world. You mean so much to me, I can't even put it into words. Which is why I'm doing this."
      Next thing I knew, he had a black box with a black and silver ring. The ring had a red ruby heart in the center. "You're still really young, so we can't get married yet, obviously, but it's something to prove that I will always be with you. A month ago, you were worried because I was leaving for college. Well, I'm not. I don't need a piece of paper to do what I want to do. I want to make music, I like making music, and so do you. As long as I'm with you, I don't care what we're doing. So, this is for you, to prove I will always be yours. Forever." He said. I smiled and said, "Forever." He took the ring and slid it on my finger. "I love you, Frank. So much." He said. "I love you, too."
      We got a lot of applause, and we also got some hate, but that was okay. And then, we got something worse.
      "Hey! You seem to have forgotten, freak. You're mine." Bert said. "Bert, leave him alone!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes, sneered, and pushed me away. I fell to the ground and rolled a few feet, getting the wind knocked out of me. Mikey and Ray helped me up, and I caught my breath as Bert grabbed Gerard by his robes and pulled him away. "Get off of him!" Bob yelled,, running toward him. He forcefully shoved Bert away, catching Gerard before he hit the ground. "You okay?" Bob asked him. Gerard nodded. "He is mine, Bryar. He belongs to me." Bert growled. He came up and punched Gerard in this face, knocking him to the ground. He got a few more hits to his face and stomach before Bob and Donald managed to pull him off of Gerard.
They pushed him away. "Stay the hell away from my son!" Donald ordered angrily. Bert rolled his eyes, smirking. "Whatever, old man. I could do better than that freak any day." Bert laughed, then left. "Frankie, are you okay?" Gerard asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay? You're bleeding!" I said, pointing to his stomach. Gerard winced when he touched the spot. "Yeah, I think he reopened my stitches a little." He explained. "We should get that checked out, honey." Donna said.
And that's how we ended up at the hospital. The doctor redid Gerard's stitches, and made sure everything else was okay. We exited the hospital, and he stopped. He pulled me close to him and pressed his lips to mine. After a few minutes, he pulled away, smiling. "Forever." He said, taking my hand.
"Forever."

Hello! Here's your update. Don't worry, they're not married. Frank is really 14 in this, so they'll have to wait a while, but here's this.

If you like this chapter, please remember to vote and comment. Thanks for reading! Later! ;)

(Remembered I forgot the picture of the ring. Sorry!)

 Sorry!)