My Gay Best Friend's Brother [5]

Start from the beginning

I walked to the end of my bed and fell on it face first. Not even bothering to change, I fell asleep. Trying to think of happier thoughts.

The next morning came with difficulty. My alarm didn't go off-probably because I hadn't set it before I plopped down on my bed and knocked out. Thankfully, I had Finn. He had pounded on my door until I groggily got up and opened it.

"You're going to be late," was all he said, before turning around and walking down the steps. It was weird, but before I could ask what was up he had already walked away.

When I shut my door and looked at my alarm clock, I went into 'Holy Shit' mode. I quickly got into the shower and got dressed. When I finished that and checked the time I was in 'Fuck Me' mode. School started in three minutes. And, one more tardy would give me a fuckin' detention. Just what I needed. And it was only a fuckin' Tuesday.

When I got to school, class had already begun-ten minutes in to be exact. And, like I predicted, I got a detention. Mrs. Bova, aka The Bitch, took one look at me and said, "Attendance."

Lunch was my only saving grace. Class seemed to be going by horrendously slow. And, Trinity kept glaring at me. It sucked that we sat at the same lunch table. My friend Chase greeted me when I walked up to the table.

"Hey man. How was she?" He had his eyebrows moving up and down.

"Annoying as fuck," I answered honestly.

My answer surprised Chase for a moment. "That never stopped you before. You usually found a way to make things a lot better."

Yeah, I usually did. But, that night I just didn't want to deal. "Maybe, but she was just too much."

Chase laughed. "Mind if I give it a go?"

If Chase wanted Trinity, he could have her. "You can have her."

Chase continued laughing. Then, he stopped, his gaze lingering on something...or someone, across the commons.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Shit man. That chick is hot."

Curious, I looked over to where he seemed to have spotted said hot chick. And when I did, I saw Calli. She was wearing a denim skirt that went down to the middle of her thighs, a red tank top, and a black, off the shoulder blouse over it. Yeah, she was hot.

"That's Calli," I said.

At first Chase gave no recognition. Then, it dawned on him. "You mean that chick who always wore the baggy clothes?"

I nodded. "The very one."

"Are you sure?" he asked, still not believing me.

I nodded again. "She and Finn are best friends."

"And he hasn't tapped that yet?"

I was about to say that Finn was gay, but I stopped myself. Finn had told me that only important people needed to know. Instead I just shrugged. "Like I said...they're best friends."

"If she was my best friend..." Chase drifted off.

Thankfully he had. I really didn't want to know what he was thinking. When it came to girls, Chase was a lot worse.

"Think she'd say yes to a date with me?" Chase asked suddenly.

"I've already asked her," I said quickly.

"Shit. You always managed to get them first," Chase said with a laugh.

After that, the conversation stayed light. Discussing the next game. I was on the varsity water polo team with Chase. We were both co-captains because there was never a majority vote when we were taking votes. After lunch, I left the table and headed toward my next class.