Chapter 21

SORRY FOR THE IMMENSELY LONG WAIT I've had trouble continuing with this story, unfortunately. But I've finished this chapter and decided to post it right away, hopefully making up for it a bit. Again, sorry sorry sorry SORRRRYYYYY.

The idea of the fairylights is a bit like the picture, but then instead of the see-through-thingy, Calum has a simple four-poster bed of wood, having strung up the lights between the upper beams (if that makes sense) plus the curtains are drawn and it's dark but okay haha. Enjoy! xx

"So, I may have taken your words a bit more literal then I should've, but I was clueless and you said you liked it, so I just kind of went with it." Calum rambled, before biting his lower lip to keep himself from rambling even more. Of course he knew Michael wouldn't mind him rambling, after all, he had even once said it was cute, but still. He himself found it pretty embarrassing.

"That's fine." Michael said with a small laugh, smiling widely as he swung his and Calum's intertwined hands between them. They were just walking down the hallway to the Beta's room, where they would have their date, so they arrived pretty quick, entering his room. Michael rose his eyebrows at the way the room was all dark, just a few fairylights strung up messily above the bed and giving the room a sweet atmosphere. There was a laptop on the bed and some steaming pizza's on big plates, filling the room with a smell that had Michael drooling. "Oh my, you really did take my words literally."

Calum smiled sheepishly, shrugging. "Told you."

"But it's amazing." Michael mumbled, turning to Calum and grinning up at him. He wrapped his arms around the Beta's neck, pulling him down to kiss him softly. Calum let his hands fall onto Michael's hips, smiling and kissing the smaller one back happily, feeling himself warm up at the idea that Michael liked it all.

"Shall we go eat then?" Calum proposed, once they had pulled back from their soft and sweet kiss. Michael nodded, a light flush on his cheeks as he let the other lead him to the bed, gladly sitting down on it next to Calum. The Beta then picked up one of the plates -Michael's favourite pizza- and handed it to the boy, smiling. Michael happily took it and immediately took a slice, biting into the still warm pizza without a care. Calum followed, taking his own and taking a bite as well, before situating the laptop so they could both look at the screen properly. "What do you want to watch?"

"What do you have?" Michael asked pretty quick after, looking at the Beta. He shrugged, opening up the famous Netflix and gesturing to it. "Netflix."

Michael giggled softly, shaking his head in amusement as he took in the screen, trying to think of a movie that was on there that they could watch. "Do they have anything good about werewolves?"

Calum chuckled, shrugging lightly. "I do know they have this series called Teen Wolf."

"Okay, Vampires then?" Michael tried, smiling.

"Those don't exist though." Calum spoke with amusement, before typing the word 'vampire' in the search bar. A few things popped up, Michael soon pointing to one. "That one seems fun."

"'My Babysitter's a Vampire: The Movie', yeah, okay." Calum shrugged, clicking on it and letting everything load, sitting back. Michael scooted closer, basically cuddling up to Calum's side but in a way he could still eat his pizza. Calum moved an arm around the smaller one, using the other to eat his pizza as the movie slowly started.

Downstairs, Luke was finally calmed down and now keeping Valeria distracted by talking to her. He himself knew just as good as the others how horrible this moment was. He just didn't really know how to comfort the girl, so he tried to distract her, talking to her and even managing to make her laugh at times.

The night fell quickly in the house, the two that were on a date, of some sorts, ending up in a tired cuddly mountain of boyfriends (yes, Calum asked and yes, Michael said yes) underneath the blankets. Their tired eyes still taking in the movie that was playing, but the pizza long gone as well as any other snacks or drinks. They stole some kisses, spoke some cute words and further remained silent, enjoying the other's company. To some it may seem like nothing special, but to them it was amazing. A perfect first date.

Surprisingly -to Ashton- Luke and Valeria were also cuddling, whispering softly with one another. He had planned to ask if the girl needed something, but when he opened the door and saw the two on the bed, he left without another word. He joined his girlfriend in bed and gladly cuddled her, them soon laughing quietly about cute little things.

Luke and Valeria were still whispering then, Luke's arms around the girl in a careful way. He didn't want to hurt her -especially not now she had agreed to let him cuddle her- and worried about every little move they made. It made Valeria's heart flutter and she realised that maybe being soulmates wasn't that crazy. She didn't know how it felt to meet your soulmate or be with them, but she definitely did know she liked what she had now. Even if she was bitten by a werewolf and was now becoming one herself.

"How are you feeling about the full moon?" Luke mumbled, watching the girl's eyes flutter open and focus on his. She shrugged lightly, making Luke's eyes move over her, before being back to look into her forest green eyes. The colour that made him melt every time.

"To be honest," she started quietly, her eyes a little big, "I'm fucking scared."

Luke frowned, but carefully rubbed her back, even going as far as kissing her forehead. He hadn't hesitated, even if this was the first real intimate contact they had since, well, meeting. But the girl didn't seem to mind, if anything, Luke could swear he saw her lips tug up. "That's okay. But just know that we're here for you. We'll help you through it."

"What if I hurt you?" She asked quietly, sounding small and vulnerable. It made the blonde frown even more, but continue his soothing movements on her back. "You won't. I've been here for a while now and I know what I'm doing. And even if you do, it's not your fault."

The girl huffed, but stayed quiet, not voicing her disagreement. Luke noticed, but kept quiet as well, not wanting to have an argument in such a moment. Valeria was clearly not feeling well and he couldn't blame her. All he could do was make it as comfortable for her as possible.

"What will happen with me?" Valeria asked, once again quietly. Luke almost didn't catch it, his thoughts focused on how to prepare the best for the next day. "You'll change. It might hurt and be confusing, but you'll get through it. You're strong. Also, the first few minutes after the change you have to work to connect your mind with the wolf's. It might fight, but you have to fight harder."

The girl nodded, moving a little and soon leaning her forehead on the blonde's chest. It made his heart flutter and a smile tug at his lips. "You can ask anything. Even not related to this, if that will make you feel better."

Valeria hummed, shifting a little again, before staying still in the same position, mostly leaning on Luke. Not that the blonde minded -not at all. "Where do I go once I'm- once I'm a werewolf?"

Luke thought about that for a moment, remembering his thoughts about Valeria having to leave at some point. But surely Ashton couldn't let Valeria leave now. She was Luke's soulmate -mate even if he was lucky- and she was now one of them. She wasn't just human anymore. The blonde let everything circle for a little, before realising he hadn't answered just yet. "Ashton will let you stay, I'm sure."

"And if he won't? I still think he isn't very fond of me."

"He will. I will make sure of that." Luke promised, nodding to himself lightly. He would and if Ashton wouldn't agree, he would look for a different solution. He would even leave the pack, he thought, shocking himself because whoah, would he really? She was his soulmate, yes, but this pack was his family. They had been there for him -especially Ashton- and he couldn't just leave them. Leave them for a girl he had stumbled upon out in the woods, who might be his soulmate but who said she thought the same way? She accepted him, kept close to him and was nice, but maybe that was everything for her.

"We'll see." Valeria mumbled. And Luke repeated it, deciding to leave his swirling thoughts behind and catch some sleep. They would see what would happen. They would see.