Chapter 18

"Michael, can I borrow you for a bit?"

The boy looked up from where he was putting his plate in the dishwasher, his eyes moving to Calum for a second before back to the Alpha. "Um, yeah, sure."

Calum watched Michael follow the Alpha with a confused face, sending him the telepathic message he'd wait for him. But Michael was fast to respond that Calum shouldn't wait for him, as it was his family. And he could join later if Calum wanted to.

With a 'come my way when you can', their conversation was finished, leaving Michael to follow Ashton to the study. It wasn't used much, but for situations like this, it came in handy.

The youngest entered the room behind Ashton, confused as to why they were going there, why Ashton wanted to talk to him and lastly, confused as to why Daniel was there too. Michael hadn't talked much with Daniel yet, or seen him much, but he knew who he was and that he barely visited. And if he did, it was mostly because something important was going on. Something that Ashton wasn't sure of how to handle and when Ashton wasn't sure, it had to be something really big.

"Take a seat, Michael." Ashton gestured to the couch and empty armchair. Michael went to sit on the couch, which was opposite the armchair Daniel was sitting in. The other armchair was placed on the right side of the couch and so left side of the armchair, facing the window that was now to Michael's left. He rather sat opposite Daniel with Ashton in between them, than closer to Daniel. Because even if everyone had always told him Daniel was very nice, the man still looked intimidating.

The Alpha nodded, smiling comfortingly as he sat down in the empty armchair himself, watching how Daniel took in the youngest. He then looked at Michael, seeing the boy shift uncomfortably in his seat.

"You may know Daniel, Michael. He's here to talk about what happened. We want to know some things and also want to let you know some of our concerns." Ashton spoke, giving the youngest a concerned look. Michael nodded slowly, biting his lower lip as he waited for anyone to speak.

"Right. First, let's start with what happened. You got taken by humans, hunters, I've heard?" Daniel said, managing to make Michael feel more relaxed. There was just something about Daniel now that made him look like someone you could trust, someone that would comfort you. His way of speaking also had a charm to it, a calming one.

"Yes." Michael mumbled, grimacing as he remembered his nightmares.

"I see. I know it must be hard to talk about it, but we really want to know some things. Though, if you feel uncomfortable in any way, please let us know." Daniel gave a comforting smile, making Michael nod. "Is it correct they- they injected silver? In you?"

Michael swallowed nervously, but he nodded, subconsciously rubbing over his one wrist. Both Ashton and Daniel noticed, but they didn't comment on it.

"Alright. Have you noticed anything weird? Has there been anything that's felt off?" Daniel continued, his voice still the same. Michael almost felt as if he was talking to a psychiatrist, but then one he could actually tell all his deepest secrets to. He now knew why everyone thought so big of Daniel. He had this certain charm.

Michael pressed his lips together, before sighing quietly. "I feel... stronger? As if I've worked out or something. And a bit happier, more confident, I guess."

Both men nodded, watching Michael bite his lower lip again. The youngest sighed quietly, running a hand through his hair, which was getting really long by now.