Prologue

I can smell it, Luke said, almost excitedly. Then again, he had every reason to be excited, because they were finally eating again and if you haven't eaten for a while, it just happens, really.

Of course you can, now shut up, Calum countered, making Ashton look at him. Calum mentally groaned, rolling his eyes.

You all know what to do, Luke, go ahead. Cal, find a good one, Ashton told them all, stopping in his tracks and looking back at Michael's white form, you okay?

Michael stopped walking as well, sighing mentally, I guess.

Ashton wasn't all too happy with the answer, but he was happy that Michael came along. Michael was a bit of a trouble child, you could say. But he tried and that was enough for Ashton so far.

We'll wait until the others are in position, Ashton told the other boy, making sure he agreed, before sitting down. He looked down at his brown paws, little white spots here and there.

Ashton had always been happy with his colour, since he had always liked brown wolves. Sure, he wasn't expecting to end up being able to change into one, but now he could, he was happy he was a brown wolf.

But he had to admit, that Michael was an amazing colour as well. He was all white, only some grey hairs from his nose to his back. But in a nice way.

And of course Calum was something special as well. Ashton didn't know how your wolf-self got its colour, but he was amazed by every wolf he saw, nowadays.

But back to Calum. Calum was almost all black. And then night-black. The only things that weren't black, were the streak on the lower side of his jaw and the spot on his right paw. Those were white.

Lastly, if we're describing the boys as wolves anyway, Luke. Luke was one of the most common colours when it comes to wolves. He was grey. But every wolf is different and so was Luke, with the tip of his tail all black.

In the mean time, Calum had managed to climb into a tree. It was his specialty and they always used it when they hunted. That way they could easily catch their prey.

Ash!, Luke suddenly sounded, quite loud. It confused Ashton, because Luke sounded a little panicky as well.

What?, Ashton shot back as soon as possible. He then waited for Luke to reply, it's- there's- eh, it's a human.

Ashton froze, his eyes narrowing. What do you mean? Where? Are they a threat?

Luke wasn't surprised by any of the questions, answering the fastest and best he could, it's a girl. She seems to be unconscious though. And hurt. What should we do?

Ashton contemplated his answer. Whatever he would say is what they would do, since he was the Alpha. But therefor, he had to make a good decision. And this time, his heart won from his brain, Luke, take her back to ours and tell Bryana to take care of her. Then you stay there until we're back. We'll take something for you, okay?

Despite Ashton being the Alpha, he still wanted to make sure the other would agree. He didn't like bossing around who he considered his friends and even family, so he wanted it mutual.

Okay. Give me a minute, Luke soon answered, seeming to genuinely agree with the plan. Ashton nodded to himself, telling Calum to wait for a moment. He then listened until Luke was at a good distance, before turning his attention back to the other two boys.