Chapter 9

New chapter finally!! Srry if i made some mistakes or left anything out but i was dying to get anothe chapter out... it had been wayyyyy tooo loooooonnnnggggg!!! Lol

Anyways..... Please read, review and vote!!! May write another chapter soon if I get a good response from this chapter!!!!

Thank you all and enjoy!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The last red and brown crispy leaves from the aged tree, fell upon my face as I laid down under it. The breeeze was cool and the sun was not too bright. This last day of Fall was by far the most beautiful...

I was supposed to be at Mass with the ladies of the court, but I snuck away just to have a few minutes to myself.

These past few days have been filled with joy. Alice is not with child, Father has returned to court, and the King has been very loving and affectionate towards me.

He writes me poems of love and showers me with lavish gifts. I find myself falling in love with him each day. If I were to tell Mother or Uncle this, they would laugh at me and think I was only doing all of this for myself... not for their family status.

"Young Marie." A familiar deep voice said. "All alone on this Falls day."

I sat up to see James Piers standing in front of me.

"I see this season has brought you great spirit." I smiled noticing his pretty smile and deep blue eyes like the ocean shining. His once pale skin was now glowing like honey and his brown locks were shiny as well.

"Yes it has." He smiled leaning against the tree I was under. "This day is truly joyous."

"It is." I sighed. "Why are you so merry?"

James smiled. "Wouldn't you be merry if you did not have to marry one of the Seymour girls?"

The Seymour girls are very pretty in fact. They all have milky white faces, blue eyes, and long blonde hair. Any man would love to marry them if chosen.

"Your father declined the marriage?" I asked, sitting up from the green grass.

James nodded happily as he offered me a hand, helping me to my feet. "Praise God."

I chuckled as I patted my dress of any grass.

"How are things with His Majesty?" James asked.

"Quite well actually." I smiled as I adjusted my golden yellow gown. "Couldn't be happier."

"Yes, the King seems merrier as well." James sighed.

As James and I talked, we noticed the King walking up to us in his deep green attire.

"Your Majesty." James and I both bowed to His Grace.

The king gave a mean, stern look to James. "You may leave us."

James didn't spare me a second glance. He knew the king hated it when I was alone with another man other than my uncle, father, and brother. He bowed and walked away quickly.

"Why out here all by yourself?" The King smiled once we were alone.

"I'm just happy." I smiled. "This season has brought a lot of happiness."

"Yes it has."

The king nodded. "Walk with me."

He offered his big arm and I placed my hand in the crook of his elbow. He led me on a dirt path around the golden brown garden. Every tree lost almost all their leaves yet the grass stayed a fresh green.