Chapter 5

PLEASE

FAN

COMMENT

AND VOTE!!!

* * *

"My Lord." Anne and I both said as we bowed our heads.

"Leave us." The King ordered.

I thought he meant me, so I began to walk away..

"Not you." The King said grabbing my arm, stopping me.

I looked up to meet his furious eyes.

"Anne, you may leave. Now!" He raised his voice.

She curtsied again in confusion.

"Did my gifts not please you?" The King said in a demanding tone.

"They insult me." I said.

"How so?" He asked.

"Those gifts were not intended for me, your Grace. They were meant for another." I said trying to get out of his grip.

"And dinner? You refuse?" The King raised his voice as he held me closer and tighter to him.

A few nosy ladies were trying to watch us and make out what was happening.

"Yes!" I said wiggling free out of his grip.

"You are not my mistress nor my wife, yet you are nagging like you are. I presumed you were different than all the others. You are now acting like a true Howard. It is you who is insulting me!" The King sneered closely to my face.

"Is that so?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, his eyes wide.

"Then here you are." I said taking off his bracelet he gave me and putting it in his hand.

"Very well. . . There is always France." He hissed. I knew he meant that I should go back if I was so displeased with him.

I stayed quiet and looked away from him not knowing what to say or do next.

The King composed himself then walked away. I did the same, and went to my room for the rest of the day.

I did not attend yet another feast and party the King held.

_______________________________________

"Why would you nag the King as if you are his wife! I believe you have forgotten what your task is!" Uncle snapped at me.

I stayed quiet, hands crossed together in front of me.

"Speak girl!" Uncle yelled slamming his hand into the wooden table.

"He insulted me." I finally said looking down.

"He insulted you?" Mother scoffed.

I nodded.

"He is the King. You are nothing! He can do as he pleases! You've only known him for two months and you are acting like a thirteen year old lovesick girl!" Mother snapped.

"We can always throw another Howard girl under his nose. . ." Uncle said coldly.

I stayed quiet , regretting what I told the King.

"We should send you in exile." Mother said.

"Luckily, your father has begged that you stay. . .