Chapter 7

Mate of the Siren

Chapter 7

(Nassir's POV)

I wanted to wait for Orana to say goodbye but we had to leave immediately.

A sudden tug at my heart as we left our house made me wince in pain and watch as our house grew farther and father away until it was completely out of sight.

Turning back around I sat beside my sister and we leaned on each other, both feeling sad.

My eyes felt heavy as the first hour of our move started.

So I fell asleep with my sister's head on my shoulder.

~dream~

I was running with my wolf by my side.

We ran as one through a forest unfamiliar to us.

The trees blurred as we ran faster and faster.

Until we stopped.

A wolf lay under a tree it's baby blue eyes watching the leaves of a near by tree.

A sudden breeze chose then to softly caress her head and trail to us, giving her scent away to our noses.

Her scent was a mix of watermelon and ocean spary.

Familiar yet strange.

The wolf gave us a glance before jumping up and walking behind the tree, disappearing from sight.

My wolf walked ahead of me following her scent.

We were in a clearing of a meadow once we found her again.

Though she wasn't alone this time.

She was with a girl with dark brunette hair and a small figure.

The girl was petting the wolf as they have their backs to us, facing the trees that surround the meadow.

My wolf went up to the wolf beside the girl and layer down beside her.

He licked her muzzle and his head on her neck.

I watched them together before walking up to the side of the girl and sitting cross legged beside her.

We watch the trees as they bow to the winds strength high above us.

"Who are you? " I whisper under my breathe, somehow knowing that she will hear me.

"I'm Her." she answers in a small voice.

Her voice like honey to a starving bear.

"Who's Her?"

"Your Mate." she tells me before turning her head towards me.

Letting me see her face for the first time.

"Your Mine."she tells me smiling as I stare at her face.

Orana's face.

~end of dream~

I woke with a start to find myself still in our truck and headed towards our new home.

"Are we there yet?" Nadira asks our mother stretching her arms as I yawned silently.

"Yes. Just a few more minutes." she tells her smiling at her daughter.

Three states away from our pack, our house, our friends.

Three states away from Orana.

God, I miss her so much.

What did that dream even mean?

After ten minutes we finally arrived at our new and current house.

It wasn't home.

It never will be home.

Not without Orana.

I helped get the bags out and Nadira ran to find her room.

Dad and I brought all the bags and furniture inside in a matter of half an hour.

Once done helping I went to find my room.

Luck for me it was upstairs and across from Nadira's.

My walls painted a baby blue that reminded me of my dream and of Orana.

I put my bags down and threw myself down on the bed that was new considering everything was practically new.

This was going to be the worst part of my life.

Hopefully it lasted less than a month.

-><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><-

(2 years later)

It was exactly 2 years today that we have lived here.

I was the second most poplular boy and bad boy.

The only reason I was considered a bad boy was because I never talked and only listened to what Kemble or Nadira said anyone else I didn't think was worth my time.

Kemble and my sister were Mates.

They had just found out after the move when we all met up for a movie and bumped into each other while walking.

I was happy for them of course but also depressed considering I couldn't go see Orana.

She was my Mate, according to that dream I had.

No one knew of course since I didn't talk.

Though I think that when I see Orana again, I will.

I miss her every second of every day that I'm stuck here.

Hopefully we leave soon.

Taking a seat across from Kemble and my sister in the lunch room I watch as the humans seating at the tables surrounding us whisper and laugh with each other.

The girls enving my sister and the guys enving Kemble and I.

The girls wanting to be with Kemble or I.

The guys wanting to be with my sister.

It made me sick how they could want to be someone they aren't, someone they aren't meant to be.

Once the bell rang I zoned out through the rest of the day until I got home thats when I saw my father and mother grinning like crazy at each other.

My dad caught me watching and called for me to come into the kitchen.

"Nadira with Kemble?" he asks, I nod and sit at the table waiting for what he wanted to tell me.

"We're going home in a month. Go start packing. " he tells me before chuckling at my reaction.

I jumped up and ran to my room.

In there I packed my things but left enough clothes out for a month of wear.

We were moving back, finally!

I would finally get to see Orana again.

A smile tugging at my mouth as I think of her.