PASSIONATE LOVE

It was in the afternoon, after a night of fun in the night festival that George found himself once again in a stormy seas with burning desire while he kissed Annemarie and felt the highest satisfaction of making love with that woman.

She was cleaning outside of George's room before he snatched her in and started kissing and undressing her passionately like he was a thirsty vagabond finding an oasis in a middle of the desert. It was a hell of a ride and now they both panting, laying side by side, full of satisfaction.

"George, you have making me so happy," Annemarie kissed George's arm that was wrapped around her.

George smiled, that were the words that he have heard over and over again in the course of these months with Bette and Annemarie.

"You have making me happy too, Annemarie, so happy more than anything!" said George quite taken a back with what he just said.

They were together a little bit more before Annemarie has to went back to cleaning before Herbert filed a complain about her to Veronica.

Today was especially busy for everyone in The Breeches Lodge because of the engagement party. When the sky turned twilight putple, the guests were starting to come.

Bette and George were hand in hand, welcoming all the guests. Everybody seemed so happy and excited, even Elda made her appearance in The Breeches Lodge after years of absent in social events.

"This is a wonderful party, Veronica. Thank you," Bette embraced her soon to be sister in law.

"Oh, darling Bette! I'm most delighted to throw you this party. I'm just extremely happy that you two got together. If I knew that you two would love each other, I would've introduced you years ago!"

"All in good times," said Bette again smiling at George.

George smiled back and proceeded to kiss Bette but really he wasn't paying attention to whatever Bette and Veronica have been talking about. His mind was somewhere far away from this pretentious party. The kiss was just a way to avoid saying anything back to subjects that he didn't care much about.

Across the dance floor, Annemarie was pouring champagne to one of the guests when she saw George kissing Bette and just like that she felt her heart broken in two. Just this morning George was kissing her, making love to her and now he stood just view feet away from her; embracing another woman, kissing her -- the kiss that Annemarie wanted to be only hers.

Annemarie envied Bette for being the first in George's life while she only came second to him. She envied Bette because that woman would eventually married George and what Annemarie would be by then? Just another fling? A secret lover with nothing to demand? But nevertheless, Annemarie was more than willing to take that part as long as she could be with George. That man has refreshed her life, took her out of her monotonous life and showed her excitement and passionate love that nobody had ever done before. And she determined to have that man one way or another.

Without even realizing it, George was staring at Annemarie while Mr. Pauncefoot, the mayor was talking to him. He paid no attention to the mayor because he was busy staring at the woman that he may or may not have feelings for.

On the other part of the party, Nora, Bette, Carrie and Elda was talking.

"Congratulation, Bette dear! I'm so happy for you," Nora hugged Bette.

"Thank you, Nora."

"Veronica certainly is fond of you. Look at the party she throws for you!" Said Nora again.

"Yes, Bette always been Veronica's favorite." said Elda.

"Veronica told me you and George met at Ben's funeral," Said Nora.

"Yes. He was crying. He was sorry, you know, for not knowing that Ben had been sick all these years." answered Bette.

"That is so typical Veronica. She hated bad news and choose to ignore it and hoping that the bad news would go away by itself. I couldn't even begin to imagine how George must've felt coming home and found Ben in the casket," added Carrie.

"All this business of keeping bad news is most tiresome!" said Nora. "You don't know how strong people could be when dealing with crisis, so really it's no good keeping bad news. When something bad happened, it's best to just let it out and be done with it."

"Agreed! Bette and I almost didn't tell mother about Uncle Ben but then we thought it's best for her to know the truth so instead we called Doctor Jones. And looked at mom now, healthy as a horse, right mom?"

"Yes, Carrie dear. Really, keeping bad news is just a waste of time," said Elda.

The party continued merrily with George and Bette danced and kissed all night long, enjoying themselves when in truth George's mind were distracted by Annemarie but he did not let it show.

The whole night Annemarie felt a pang of sadness and envy. She tried so hard all night to held back tears.

The next day George called Bette to tell her that he would be coming back to the light house that morning and that he wouldn't be able to meet Bette today.

"I have to come back to the light house, darling. My farm would be abandoned by now." said George went straight to the point.

"Okay, George. I will miss you so much. Take care of yourself there, love."

"I will miss you too, Bette. Take care now."

"You'll come back soon, right?" hurried Bette before George hang up the phone.

"Yes, for sure! I have to go now, Bette, I'll miss my train. Good bye!" and he finally hang up.

But it was all lies that he told Bette. He has to catch a train, yes but it wasn't a morning train, it was a midnight train.  In truth, George had rented a nice little hotel by the train station and arranged for Annemarie to visit him there. It was a terrible thing to do but it was a desire versus common sense with George now, and somehow desire always win.