05| Intruder's Embrace

Start from the beginning

Strangely though, the way he communicated with her alluded to him feeling the same. Pure confusion from the circumstance. 

The dream she had was definitely meant to be about him. Though the memory of it was hazy, there was no mistaking the voice that had echoed through her mind. 

They were alike in many ways. Y/N thought he understood her, hopefully Seven did. She was unsure of so many things but yet, she could not seem to let him go. She needed more. Her feelings were growing stronger by the minute and sooner or later she was going to burst.

The girl sat up in the bed, cradling her head in her hands. What did she just say?

Did she have feelings for a stranger?

It had been almost two months since they started talking. And he had made every minute worth while, in the most despicable way. Seven kept her on her toes, just the way she liked it. Even if it was dangerous, was it so wrong to dream about an attractive man? 

Yes it was. Y/N tried to reason with herself. She had only heard his voice once.

Y/N had dreams of him, some on the sexual side... and some not. Like the one she had just a few minutes ago. She did not understand why, but she relished in them.

Perhaps she wanted him. Perhaps she wanted to know more about him, and she wanted everything that came along with it. Or perhaps she was just... lonely. 

It was stupid, idiotic, and just down right pathetic. But Y/N could not help to fantasize about the surreptitious man, the one who supposedly knew everything about her.

She felt the most unexplained rush every time she solved one of his mysteries. It was almost like a drug.

Could he be anymore perfect? His lips were so luscious and his muscles looked so toned, every minute that passed she wanted to feel them more and more. She did not care if they weren't as breathtaking in real life, she still wanted to see, and be the only one to do so. 

Maybe the mystery was the only part of him that intrigued her. Was it right to feel this way about someone she had never met?

Y/N shook her head regretfully and crawled out of bed, heading to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Hopefully it would settle her nerves and sexual thoughts. Ones that she had remorse for as soon as the enlightenment of her dream faded. 

Yet as soon as she stepped out of her bedroom and to the open space of the hallway, shivers cascaded down her body from the temperature drop.

The girl clutched the glass tighter in discomfort, and pinpointed the draft flowing from under the basement door.

Did she really leave the window open to air out the smell? How stupid of a move to make when she lived by herself. 

The confused girl raced down the stairs, the smell making her nose scrunch in disgust. But as she flicked the light switch on, she realized that the bearable stench was the least of her problems.

Y/N dropped the glass in complete and utter shock. It shattered against the ground, shards of glass covering the floor around her bare feet.

The window she had left open, provided easy access for the man now standing in her basement. With a shiny silver pistol gripped in his left hand.