Chapter 7

||| Sky's POV |||

As we pulled into the carnival, I stared out the window in awe. "It's been so long since I've been here."

"You really like this place, don't you?" Michael asked as he put a hand on my knee comfortably.

I faced him and nodded vigorously with a wide grin on my face.

He laughed and shook his head at me.

We pulled into a parking spot and I basically fell out of the door before the car was even finished moving. "Come on! Come on! We're here! Let's go!"

I skipped to the entrance and waited for everyone to catch up. Michael was first, coming to my side in a matter of second.

"Don't run off like that, Sky." He scolded.

"What do you mean? I just went here, no where far." I looked at him in confusion.

"There are a lot of dangerous people in this world and so help me God, if someone takes you away from me..." He cut himself off. "I don't want to put a damper on the mood. Just please don't do that."

"Okay. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." I looked up and saw that everyone was approaching. "Let's go!"

I grabbed Mikey's hand and excitedly ran towards the ticket stand.

|||||

I held on to the stuffed animal Mikey had won me and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked.

"Are you okay?" He stopped walking and turned to me with a concern look on his face.

"Yeah, just tired." I responded with a lazy smile.

"Here, let me carry you." He lifted me up and held me in his arms like a child. I had my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, my chest pressed against his.

"Aren't I heavy?" I mumbled in his ear.

"Nope." He responded confidently. "I love this."

"Love what?" I lightly ran my fingers through his hair.

"Just this. I love carrying you and knowing you're safe in my arms. I love feeling you're breath on my neck and you're fingers run through my hair. I just love all of it." He responded.

I giggled lightly. "Where is everyone?"

"They're going to meet us at the car. Did you have fun?" I felt him rub small circles on my back.

"Yeah! I'm so glad we came here." I exclaimed.

"Me too. You seemed like-" he stopped walking.

"Mikey?" I raised my head up to look at him.

"Shit, fuck. We gotta be quiet." He turned around and I saw some people I didn't recognize standing at our car.

I made eye contact with the person who seemed to be the leader of the group and he smirked, making me shiver.

"Who a-are those people?" I asked quietly as Michael put me down after we turned a corner.