Chapter 3

||| Sky's POV |||

As I silently cried, I tried to prepare myself for what's to come.

I heard footsteps from down the hall and I took a few deep breaths to calm myself.

The door opened and I couldn't help the tears that drenched my cheeks.

"No, no, no! Don't cry!" The red head rushed towards me.

"Get away from me." I sunk back farther into the chair as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Please stop crying. I hate seeing you sad." He pulled away and wiped my tears.

"Why am I here?" I sputtered out.

"Do you not know who I am?" He made a surprised face.

I stopped to actually take in his features.

How- he's- since when- what?

Michael Clifford kidnapped me.

"Why me?" I whispered in shock.

"What? What do you mean 'why me'?" He asked.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I spoke a little louder.

"Don't say that. I didn't kidnap you." His voice contained anger.

"Well, you took me from my home, and locked me in a room, tied up to a chair! If that isn't the definition of kidnapping, then I don't know what is!" I exclaimed.

"I saved you! You deserve better than him and I took you away so I could show you that! All he did was hit you! I'd never lay a finger on you, Sky. That's why you're here: so I can show you that you deserve someone better. Someone like me." He ranted.

"W-what? How do you know he hit me?" The blood rushed to my face.

He looked at my with soft, teary eyes. "Ever since that day, I've been watching you. Call me a stalker, call me a creep, but you were different. You didn't treat me differently, you weren't scared, you sat down and made sure I was okay instead of looking at me like I was a monster. So I tracked you down. I've been watching you for a long time, planning how I was going to get you out of there. No one deserves what you got. Dan doesn't deserve you! But... But you deserve me. You deserve better than me, but I'll be damned if I let another man take you." He explained.

"You can't force me to like you." I glared at him. "And tying me up isn't going to get you anywhere."

He chuckled before grabbing a knife out of his pocket and opening the blade. "Promise you won't try to escape?"

"Promise." I looked down.

"Good. Because if you were to even run to the other side of the planet, you'd be back here before you can sit down." He sent a small smile before cutting the ropes off of my wrists.

I rubbed them, hoping to soothe the pain, but found that it only hurt the many cuts that covered my forearms.

I gasped slightly and pulled my hands away from each other.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with concern.

"Mhm." I hummed.

"I know." He sighed sadly.

"You know what?" I looked at him in confusion.

"You didn't lock yourself in the bathroom that time. You did it in the kitchen. I saw, I know." He explained.

"Then why am I still here?" I asked as tears started falling again.

His gaze stayed on the floor while he spoke. "Why wouldn't you be?"