Chapter 2

Garrett's POV

"Garrett, come on. We are going out tonight. You work too hard and I want a beer." Drake whines. I sigh, "Fine, where are we going?" Drake's face lights up like a Christmas tree. "There is a bar about ten minutes from here. I have never been there but it's close so you don't have time to change your mind." He grabs his suit jacket and rushes to change his clothes. I chuckle at my best friend. We have pretty much been joined at the hip since birth. Our parents used to laugh when we were kids, saying we would end up mates. We didn't and for the past eighteen years, we have searched every pack in the country and the world looking for our Lunas. We share the same birthday, but we are in no way related, we turned thirty-six three days ago and have all but given up on finding our mates. 

I throw on a pair of jeans and a black tee shirt before putting on my black boots and heading out to find Drake. He is dressed pretty much the same, except his tee shirt is white. We climb into my brand new black Ford F-350 and head to the bar.  The is on the small side, but clean. There are a few people here but not too many. I see only one bartender. We look around and Drake finds us a table. We have excellent hearing, being werewolves, but we can tune the background noise out. 

We have only been sitting for a minute when the world stops and the most beautiful woman comes up to our table, "Good evening, Gentlemen. I am Kathrine and I will be serving you. What can I get you?" My eyes meet hers and I am lost in an ocean of baby blue. "Mate" I whisper. I know that she is human, this is going to make things interesting. She tears her eyes away from mine and looks a Drake and I see the same response from him, we are sharing a mate. She shakes her head, "So, what will it be?" I answer first, "I will take a beer, whatever is on tap. Drake?" Drake smiles, "Same."  She nods and takes off towards the bar. 

"We have the same mate, Garrett." Drake says in awe and I nod. "Yeah, I couldn't be happier, I mean look at her. Long black hair, blue eyes, sexy curves for days, great tits, a perfect round ass and a tiny waist. The things we could do her." Drake grins," Did you see her lips, I can't stop thinking about them wrapped around my cock." I chuckle, we sound like total assholes, but as Alphas, we have an extremely high sex drive. We are far from virgins, we usually like to share girls and each other. We see her talking to the bartender so we listen in, "They look like they are the Big Bad Wolf and you are little red riding hood, they could eat you up" he tells her and we both chuckle, he couldn't be more right. I am trying to calm my raging hard-on when she sets down our beers. "Here you go, anything else?" I don't trust my voice so I shake my head and she smiles, "Alright, I'll check back in a few, if you need something before then, just ask." She throws us a wink and floats around to the other tables. 

"How are we going to play this, Garrett? She is human and you know she will freak about needing both of us." I pat his arm, "Don't worry, we will become regulars here and let the bond grow for a bit. I mean we have waited eighteen years for her, what's a few more weeks?" He grins and nods. We hear her talking to the bartender again, telling him something about the bags under eyes and the ten extra pound on her ass and we growl, she's perfect. He reassures her in a very friendly way, I look at Drake, "Do you think we competition?" Drake chuckles, "No way dude, he's gay. I know him, his Dad owns the place." I smile, "Good, he can help us woo our mate." I hear them talking about her being divorced and frown, "She was married, I wonder what is up with her ex?" Drake speaks out my thoughts. "We need to dig into her past a bit." I tell him. "I will call Lenny, he owns that security company, they do all that work for the government, he can find anything." Drake says and I nod with a grin.

She saunters over, she has no idea how fucking sexy she is. "How is everything? Can I get you anything else?" Drake flashes his dimples at her, "Your phone number, maybe?" and winks at her, I laugh internally, he really is hopeless.  She smiles and shakes her head, "Sorry, pal, I don't give out my number to strangers." He laughs at her, "I am trying to change that, Sweetheart." She laughs, "Not happening." I didn't want her to freak out, and I was curious what it would feel like so I reached out and laid my hand on her arm. Sparks erupted from the touch and I know she felt it too because she shuddered slightly. "Don't mind my friend here, he is hopeless." I smile at her and she returns it. "I am Garrett and this is my best friend, Drake." She nods and asks us if we want more beer we nod and she brings them. As she turns to walk away, Mac walks in the door and motions for her to follow him.