What Is This? How Do I React?

Today was the day my Aunt was going to get married. She and my uncle had been together for over 20 years and finally decided it was time. They already had had kids and were always faithful to each other. I was happy that they found the love they deserved, but I didn't believe that I would ever have anything like that. Just because I didn't believe in relationships for myself, didn't mean I didn't believe in love for other people. I mean, look at my parents, my dad was rarely home yet they were still so in love.

I had actually gone out to buy a beautiful floor length pink dress, and making high heels. And because it was such a special occasion I actually decided to put on full makeup. Jack was sitting on my desk chair - he had arrived an hour ago to come pick Cameron and I up - as I was working on my eye makeup in the bathroom. I wasn't wearing my dress yet, so I had the door only opened ajar so I could still talk to Jack without him seeing me.

"My aunt is probably going to going crazy and will ask you if you're my boyfriend," I said as I was applying my winged eyeliner over my brown eyeshadow, "the answer to that is no, you are not my boyfriend, you're just kind enough to be my date because you're an amazing best friend and felt bad for me."

"Well, I do feel bad for you. That Brian guy really sounded like an asshole to me," Jack commented.

"He really was, I hope to never see him again," I quickly put my natural hair into a side ponytail that draped over my right shoulder and took out some smaller pieces at the front to frame my face, "pass me my dress, will ya?"

Jack hummed in response and in no time Jack was handing me my dress with his back towards me. I took it from him and pulled it over my legs, my hips, and the rest of my body. The day that I bought this dress was very hectic. I didn't have anybody to go with; I tried calling Abagail, but she kept ignoring me and sending me to voicemail. I didn't understand why she was doing it though, maybe she was mad at me for interrupting her intimate moment with Jack, maybe she was mad that Jack went after me instead of staying with her. If that was the reason, it really was a shitty one. She kept telling me to get together with him, yet she also slept with him. Maybe it was just a cover up for her feelings. But it was also possible that she was just busy with work, she had ignored me before because of that, but that was normally only a couple of days, not two weeks. I really hoped I hadn't lost my only friend that was a girl.

But anyway, back to the day I went dress shopping. I had been to a ton of different shops looking for dresses. My parents had given me some money to buy something nice. Normally I would have declined it, but I was broke and really wanted to look nice for my aunt, I would pay them back someday. All the dresses I had tried on did not fit. Either the chest was too tight or the rest was too loose. You see, I was cursed with the fact that my breasts were slightly larger than average. I might not sound that bad, but it was terrible whenever I wanted to wear a dress and I couldn't wear low cut shirts. I wasn't a girl who liked showing cleavage, so I often covered up with loose fitting shirts that had normal necklines or even ones that came up to my neck. When I had tried on 20 different dresses I was about to give up until I saw this one. It fit perfectly, and the color complemented my brownish yet pale skintone and my dark chestnut hair. I was so relieved and happy that I went home and fell asleep immediately.

So, here I was, in my bathroom, putting on my dress and having troubles with my zipper. Luckily there was a gentleman in my room who looked awfully hot in suit and tie. I walked out, holding the back so I wouldn't fall out of the dress. Jack turned around and saw me. His eyes went wide as he gulped. I had never seen him so infatuated by something.