Chapter 16: 'Sacrifice.'

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

Kol put his head in his hands and groaned loudly before saying, "Calm down Jane, you're driving and need to slow the fuck down."

Jane's foot pushed the accelerator down all the way as her hands gripped the wheel tightly. The world was a blur as she drove like a demon and spat out furiously, "Calm down?! How the fuck can I calm down? You were arrested, you never killed the new god! Your firstborn whose name you can't even speak can now ascent and kill us all! We are in more danger than ever! Oh and the house burnt down in a mysterious fire, I went to see if I could do the blood sigil after you got arrested and the house was on fire!"

Kol looked at her shocked saying, "You went to do the blood sigil? You aren't strong enough, it would have killed you!"

"Well it doesn't matter now does it? The new god is alive and can kill us. Your son is alive and can kill us and the police are now after us and they can put us in a prison where it will just be a matter of time before the new god or your son fucking kills us!"

"Jane!" Kol shouted loud and Jane fell silent. He then said slowly, "I have another plan."

There was a pause before Jane said quieter, "The thing that I won't like and then the thing you won't like?"

Kol simply said, "Take the next left."

"Where are we going?"

Kol stared out the window and replied, "The white blade that Seleemia used to try kill me. It was molded with primordial energies of creation. It's a godkiller blade. It's the only way my firstborn or the new god can die. The blade is in a tomb that I swore never to open and it can only be opened one way. You won't like what has to be done to enter and I don't want to enter."

Jane was silent for a while then said, "Is it Seleemia's tomb?"

Kol remained silent and kept staring out the passenger window. They kept driving down a long road in silence until they came up to a dingy diner with paint peeling off the walls and rubbish littered around. Jane looked at Kol with a shocked expression when Kol pointed to the dilapidated establishment and said calmly, "Stop here."

"That looks like a place where cousins go on dates with each other and their parents. Is this your plan, to get killed by a hillbilly before your son kills you?"

Kol ignored her saying, "The tomb requires a blood sigil to open. This is the magic of ancient gods. Everything worked on blood and sacrifice. You draw from your life force or others. The stronger the spell, the more life force you need. To open the tomb we will need a sacrifice."

"You mean kill someone?"

"I told you, you wouldn't like it..."

"We can't just kill a random innocent person!"

Kol sighed heavily then spoke forcibly, "Everyone is going to die when the new god completes the final sigil and my son uses him mas sacrifice. Every man, every woman and every child. Blood will flood the streets and the world will burn. I'm not being dramatic, the world will die screaming. The godkiller blade is a chance to stop that. It might not work, we will probably die in the attempt, or rather I will. I will have to kill a powerful new god and a powerful ancient god with a weapon that will probably take extreme toll on my mortal body. It's an impossible task but it's a chance. To get the blade we need a sacrifice, fresh blood. This place is on the way. Lead the scummiest guy out and he will have to do. There is no choice. Let a scumbag die and honorable death in sacrifice to save the world or let the world break apart in fire and flames. Choose Jane."

Jane glared at him in silence, breathing heavily as her eyes searched his. They sat in silence for what seemed like forever before Jane abruptly got out the car, slammed the door and walked into the diner.

Kol turned on the car radio, changed the station three times and then switched it off. He opened the passenger door window, closed it then opened it again. His mind raced with one too many thoughts, his consciousness a battlefield, his head a warzone. Contradicting thoughts and scenarios played out in his head as memories collided with possible situations. Past, present and possible future images flashed like a mad kaleidoscope of chaos, no single thought lingering, always changing. His near-panic attack was brought to an end as Jane emerged from the diner on the arm of a stocky bearded trucker in a red flannel shirt and grease stained jeans. Kol rolled his eyes as he heard Jane's fake laughter and sunk down in the seat making the car look vacant. As Jane approached the vehicle she quickly stepped behind the trucker and with lighting speed put her arms around his throat putting him in a sleeper hold. She was a woman but a woman that had fought her entire life and she had a fierce tenacity and power about her. Kol heard him gasping for breath and stepped out the car opening the backseat. Jane let go her hold on the man and as he stood gasping Kol delivered a monster right hook that knocked him right out.

They both heaved as they put his heavy unconscious body on the backseat and drove off in silence. They arrived at Greystone Graveyard parking the car and heaving the still unconscious unlucky trucker. He groaned and then dropped him heavily on the ground.

As he came to muttering, "The fuck... I'm gonna ki..." he looked up and saw Kol pointing a gun at him.

Kol motioned with the gun and said, "Get up and move quietly or else I shoot you in your tiny dick, shoot your kneecaps then put you out of your misery. Silence and movement, go."

He then looked at Jane and simply said, "Go to the car."

She began to protest but he repeated strongly, "Go to the car."

He then led the trucker through the graveyard until he came to a large tomb. He pointed the gun at the man's crotch and said, "Stand against the door."

The trucker did as he was told saying softly, "look man..."

His plea was cut short with a deafening blow as Kol raised the gun shooting him point blank in the forehead, blood and brain matter hitting the tomb door. Kol holstered his weapon and dipped his fingers in the man's blood and began drawing a complicated sigil on the door. He then stood back and waited.

Nothing.

He looked at the dead body, the sigil and then up at the sky swearing loudly.

Walking angrily back to the car he got in and slammed the door closed saying, "it didn't work."

Jane looked puzzled as she asked, "What do you mean?"

"The sacrifice wasn't enough. We need to go to The Blue Crown now. Drive fast."

Jane started the car hastily enquiring, "Wasn't enough? What is going on?"

Kol looked sadly out of the window and said in despair, "Human sacrifice is not enough. I forgot how strong I made the binding seal. We need god blood. I know only of one god close by that would be willing to be sacrificed. I need to kill a god. The one god I really don't want to kill."

******Saving the world isn't easy... hard decisions need to be made... please vote and comment!*******