Chapter Twenty Three

· · · · ·

“You ready?” Zayn asked. “Uh, yeah. I was just searching for you and I thought you would be in your room but you weren’t and then I bumped into—“ I stopped myself when I heard Zayn chuckled.

“I was rambling again wasn’t I?” my gaze fell to the floor and I could’ve sworn I pouted a little. “It’s okay, c’mon let’s have fun.” Zayn laughed and reached out his hand for me to hold. I held his hand instantaneously and we walked hand in hand until we reached the car.

Zayn immediately opened the car door for me, such a gentleman. And as soon as he got in, he started the engine and then we’re off to the mall. The car ride wasn’t awkward at all. It was fun and we sang along to every song we know. Zayn kept complimenting my voice and I complimented his.

His voice is so angelic and chill and it’s just simply outstanding. It was a tad traffic today and I should be complaining right now, knowing me, but surprisingly I wasn’t even complaining one bit.

Soon enough, we arrived at the mall. Zayn didn't even dare to put his hoodie and shades on even though I tried to get him to, he won't budge.

"I don't care if anybody sees me with you, love." he said for the nth time.

I finally gave up with a "Fine" and he gave me a victory smile, which made me grin as well. His smile is contagious and I love it. I was about to open the door but Zayn stopped me before I could. "That's my job. You stay in your seat." He sternly said.

I just shook my head and laughed under my breath. he got out of the car and jogged his way to my side and opened the door for me, reaching his free hand to help me get out. I gladly took it and I couldn't help but blush at his sweet gestures.

But as they say, never take someones's sweetness as a sign of them having feelings for you. But then again, do I want Zayn to have feelings for me? I don't really know. Maybe? I've only known him a couple of days so it wouldn't sound right if I say that I might have a tiny crush on him, right?

"Aly?" he waved his hand in front of my face. "Wha--huh?" was all I managed to say. "You zoned out." he laughed. "Oh, sorry." I shyly spoke. Why am I being so shy? What in the hell is happening to me?

"It's fine, love. C'mon let's go inside. It's pretty hot out here." he smiled I just nodded in response.

We walked around the mall talking about his life before One Direction, being a simple guy from Bradford, to being one of the most famous guys on earth. Long story short, we basically talked about our lives and I found myself developing feeling for him with every second that we're together.

The day went by quickly and we finally decided that we're worn out and we want to just both be lazy and watch a movie at home.

We did as planned and we decided to watch the movie, Dan In Real Life. I was very fond of that movie and Zayn haven't even seen that before so it's a win-win situation.

In the middle of the movie, I find myself starting to drift off and soon enough I did.

I woke up the next morning on my bed and I can smell some flapjacks being cooked. I hurriedly brushed my teeth, tied my hair and proceeded downstairs. I went to the kitchen to find my mom having breakfast with none other than Harry.

I groaned at the scene. They haven't notice me yet so I can still make a run for it. I was just about to get out of the kitchen without getting noticed but then I heard a my mom say, "You!" i stopped on my tracks but stayed where I was. "Mike, where have you been?" she continued. I peeked and took a look at them and I saw Mike looked at me for a quick second and turned back his gaze to my mom.

He had a smirk on his lips and from there, I knew he just saved me from this situation and I thank the architect for creating two doors for the kitchen.

I let out a deep breath and made my way back upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes, being I was still wearing the clothes I wore to the mall yesterday.

I grabbed a pair of grey shorts and a cream baggy sweater and decided to go for my morning jog. I grabbed my earphones and then someone knocked on my door.

I opened it almost immediately to reveal one of the best guys in the whole world.

"Good morning, love." Zayn smiled. "Where are you off to this early time in the morning? Running away from me, yeah?" he teased. I rolled my eyes. "Maybe. I didn't want to see your pretty face today to not ruin my morning." I retorted. He let out a deep chuckle. "I went downstairs and I saw you sneaking out the kitchen. I assumed you didn't want to eat with you know who." he smiled, sitting down on my bed.

"No shit sherlock." I laughed. He knows how I feel about Harry and how much I hate him. "Wanna go grab some breakfast out?" He asked. "That sounds good. Let's go!" I stood up from my seat and we both raced out to the front door.

We were laughing hysterically until we reached the door. I was trying to catch my breath with both of my hands on my knees. "I win. You'll be paying for breakfast." I laughed.

Someone broke our moment with an awkward cough to get out attention. Harry. He had an angry expression written all over his face. Why though? He think he has t he right to be angry at me hanging with Zayn?

"Uh, where are you guys headed?" he talked. "Out for breakfast." Zayn replied. He knew I didn't want to talk to Harry.

"Why?" Harry brought forth. "Uh, because we're hungry." I smartly replied. "Why with him?" Harry pointed his finger up to point it to Zayn. Well that was rude.

"Because unlike you, Zayn is nice to me and he listens to me, and he actually cares."  I scoffed. "Pfft. That's complete and utter bullshit." he rolled his eyes. Such a diva. "You're bullshit." I harshly respond.

"Fuck off!" he warned. "You're the one who bombarded us wit question, you're the one who stated this and now you want me to fuck off?!" I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes at him.

He's a jerk, an asshole, a dickwat, a fucking prick, he's a monster. 

"See? This is what I mean. Why I hang with Zayn. Because I can have a real and chill  conversation with him. We can talk to each other without shouting and screaming and cursing at one another..."

"And you know what's the big difference between you and Zayn?" I pause for a while.

"What Aleanna? Tell me what?" he whispered shout, not wanting my mom to hear our fight.

"I actually like Zayn." I finished off and grabbed Zayn's hand and walked out the door.

But before we could go any further, I heard his whisper "Bitch." Zayn instantly pulled back and he went in front of me, sort of shielding me from Harry.

"Don't you ever call her that again, mate. What the hell is wrong with you?!" Zayn looked at him with disgust.

Harry just stood there with his fist balled and his jaw clenched. I could care less.